Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Danny Garcia get the nickname "Swift".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    Someone is not even gonna click that link and actually use your statement as fact and say it to their casual friends
    Once you learn it from where ever, you have the right to teach it to anyone. What's the problem with that? I personally, don't have a friend who would care about this particular fact.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
      He's named after the legendary Dan Swift out of Philly. Smh @ these so called boxing fans. Don't even know their history.

http://boxrec.com/boxer/274149

Comment

He's named after the legendary Dan Swift out of Philly. Smh @ these so called boxing fans. Don't even know their history.

Poor Shane Gierke.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          Another unfitting of Ghost is Robert Guerrero. His dad explains it's because he was so "fast".
          Not quite. Guerrero was the "Ghost" because he was gone every time the opponent went to hit him. Before he jumped two weight classes and went after Mayweather at 147, he was actually fairly quick and elusive. That weight jump was the best thing he's ever done for his bank account, and the worst for his record. His style changed entirely.

Garcia was very "swift" with the counters in his early days. I agree that he's pretty slow now and his nickname hasn't been appropriate for at least a couple years.
          Last edited by Redd Foxx; 04-16-2016, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Not quite. Guerrero was the "Ghost" because he was gone every time the opponent went to hit him. Before he jumped two weight classes and went after Mayweather at 147, we was actually fairly quick and elusive. That weight jump was the best thing he's every done for his bank account, and the worst for his record. His style changed entirely.

Garcia was very "swift" with the counters in his early days. I agree that he's pretty slow now and his nickname hasn't been appropriate for at least a couple years.
            Yea that nerd forgets thst Guerrero was a very good boxer in the lower weights

Comment

i am almost sure they did not know how to write Gift

Comment

Cause at any given moment he cant activate his 6th toe and hit a 6 foot vertical or lung 22 feet. He doesnt do it though anymore cause he says being puerto rican he gets made fun of enough he dont need the extra ridicule.

Comment

I was about to send you Green K because I thought you seriuosly provided an answer until I clicked the link. Now I'm going to send you green k for a good laugh.

Comment

my hangover needed that laugh

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      Not quite. Guerrero was the "Ghost" because he was gone every time the opponent went to hit him. Before he jumped two weight classes and went after Mayweather at 147, he was actually fairly quick and elusive. That weight jump was the best thing he's ever done for his bank account, and the worst for his record. His style changed entirely.

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                      Yea that nerd forgets thst Guerrero was a very good boxer in the lower weights
                      Name changes should be in order.

Floyd went from PBF to $ May to TBE.

One name change shouldn't break Garcia and Guerrero

Comment

Working...
                      X