No announcement yet.

Oscars Boxing style...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscars Boxing style...

So far I have learned about mayweathers style of boxing or cotto or mannys and there fav moves I am wondering what moves or characteristic defined oscars career.

For example to me his a simple conventional style with high quality behind it. Chin down hands up and one HELL of a jab!!! from what I have seen.

Although I became a boxing fan a bit late so I am still trying to catch up. But do let me know for those who oscars boxing style

Well he was a frontfooted boxer with his front arm(left) being stronger. So he was a slightly unconventional boxer puncher who relied more on his left hook to hurt his opponents rather then the cross. He was also a very good combination puncher who liked to finish his combos with the left hook as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Box"K"ing View Post
      So far I have learned about mayweathers style of boxing or cotto or mannys and there fav moves I am wondering what moves or characteristic defined oscars career.

For example to me his a simple conventional style with high quality behind it. Chin down hands up and one HELL of a jab!!! from what I have seen.

Although I became a boxing fan a bit late so I am still trying to catch up. But do let me know for those who oscars boxing style

Oscar was different then other traditional Mexican fighters in that he actually did have boxing ability and not a kamikaze face first fighter. He had bounce in his foot work a good jab and signature left hook that he abandoned when he hooked up with Floyd Sr. Hope this helps.

Peace.

Comment

He Mastered the style of "crossdressery"

All hail the Almighty Fishnet.

Comment

Originally posted by Box"K"ing View Post

dlh is a puncher boxer who stands straight up without much upper body movement who's main defense was his footspeed..

Comment

Awesome thanks, Good point on him being more skilled compare to other mexicans and thats no disrespect it just how they are molded I did notice he has a very good jab and seems like a calm guy in there

Comment

Oscar was a compact, explosive combination puncher with a nice jab, and really good all round attributes. His best punch was his left hook as he was a left handed orthodox.

Comment

Originally posted by RealDeal '86 View Post
                Oscar was a compact, explosive combination puncher with a nice jab, and really good all round attributes. His best punch was his left hook as he was a left handed orthodox.
                I found Oscar eventually abandoned that nice jab of his. Don't know why, he would of probably done better verus certain fighters.

Comment

Working...
                X