Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$150 worth it to see Calzaghe/Jones LIVE? Please advise.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $150 worth it to see Calzaghe/Jones LIVE? Please advise.

Hi

Tickets are available for the Calzaghe/Roy Jones Jr. fight at Madison Square Garden for $150 a ticket, however the seats are very far away (in the 300's way off to the side (not center)). I like watching boxing on TV but would not call myself a huge fan. However, I always wanted to go to one live. Everyone I speak to (although none of them have ever been to a match) say that it isn't worth it unless you are very, very close to the ring. But like I said, I've never heard from anyone who actually has gone.

MY QUESTION: Is it fun to see a match live even if you are far (very far) away? Is it worth it for $150 when I can just go to a bar for and see it for $10? I don't mind paying the money, but just need someone to tell me what its like being so far away and if it is worth it as I don't want to spend the money to find that it is not fun and it looks like I am watching ants.

Please advise. Thank you for your help

i went to jones-tito in january at MSG.. .i spent 250.... was in the middle about halfway up... it was a good experience, but found myself splitting my eyes between the ring and the big tv above to see what was going on....

for 150... ur pretty much gonna be in the arena but watching the tv

Comment

Originally posted by asdfasdf1111 View Post
      Hi

Tickets are available for the Calzaghe/Roy Jones Jr. fight at Madison Square Garden for $150 a ticket, however the seats are very far away (in the 300's way off to the side (not center)). I like watching boxing on TV but would not call myself a huge fan. However, I always wanted to go to one live. Everyone I speak to (although none of them have ever been to a match) say that it isn't worth it unless you are very, very close to the ring. But like I said, I've never heard from anyone who actually has gone.

MY QUESTION: Is it fun to see a match live even if you are far (very far) away? Is it worth it for $150 when I can just go to a bar for and see it for $10? I don't mind paying the money, but just need someone to tell me what its like being so far away and if it is worth it as I don't want to spend the money to find that it is not fun and it looks like I am watching ants.

$150 will get you a better seat at Cunningham/Adamek...

Comment

Stay at home. Go to a bar.

Comment

Ive only been to one match, but I sat fairly close to the ring....All I can tell you is that the energy from the crowd when the fighters are in a good exchange is amazing, it's something you dont get to appreciate when you watch it on t.v.. I would say just go, just for the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by asdfasdf1111 View Post
            Hi

Go to it man! Don't listen to people that say it isnt worth it. If someone thinks watching a fight from the upper seats isn't worth it, then they are not big enough fans of the sport. this is a big fight and you'll get a chance to see one of the best fighters in the history of this sport in RJJ. The atmosphere is going to be great!!! the fight is going to be great!!! get those tickets, drink up in the arena and you'll have a great time trust me!!

Comment

Originally posted by -ROGELIO- View Post
              Go to it man! Don't listen to people that say it isnt worth it. If someone thinks watching a fight from the upper seats isn't worth it, then they are not big enough fans of the sport. this is a big fight and you'll get a chance to see one of the best fighters in the history of this sport in RJJ. The atmosphere is going to be great!!! the fight is going to be great!!! get those tickets, drink up in the arena and you'll have a great time trust me!!
              The truth.

Comment

it kind of sucks because 150 isn't going to get you a good seat. i was going to do but deciding not to for that reason...

Comment

if i ur local why not . . . i am going to watch andrade/bute this friday and i already have tickets to molitor/caballero. but i am in canada and intriguing fights like those dont come by near me everyday so i couldn;t live with myself if i didn;t go. if thats the way you feel, that you would really regret it afterwards if you didnt go then just do it.

Comment

the place should be pretty empty, i bet those 150$ seats could get u a 500$ seat if u sneak down

Comment

Working...
                    X