Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think HBO and Showtime should experiment with a referee POV camera view?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think HBO and Showtime should experiment with a referee POV camera view?

I saw the video someone posted about Kenny Bayless and they showed a POV shot of him in action and it looked pretty cool to see what refs see. I wouldn't mind being closer to the action. Do you think it's a good idea?

no, I do not think so.

Comment

That was for the Khan vs Garcia fight and it was interesting

I think they should have it as a option for every fight

Comment

Yes the more camera angles the better , that close with a camera the quality that they would use would give some great footage .

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          That was for the Khan vs Garcia fight and it was interesting

I think they should have it as a option for every fight
          I think they at least should give it a try. It wouldn't hurt. Between rounds they can give us a shot of their corners and maybe celebs in the crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmynguyen View Post
            no, I do not think so.
            Why? You wouldn't want to get closer to the action?

Comment

I think it could be a good innovation. I want a close view of a fighter when a ref waves the fight off or lets them continue. The data from that should help teach refs when to make proper stoppages.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
                Why? You wouldn't want to get closer to the action?
                I wouldn't mind it, it's alot better than showing me the back of one of the fighters heads.

Comment

I created that thread about that referee POV camera, here: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=652775

AFAIK HBO uses that camera in most of their fights..I think it's just that they got to show off their work only through the Bayless video.

HBO also inserts microphones around the hips of the fighters (inside the protective gear) to get sounds made from body blows & use those sounds to enhance their TV broadbasts.

Comment

Originally posted by gamefrk View Post
                    I created that thread about that referee POV camera, here: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=652775

AFAIK HBO uses that camera in most of their fights..I think it's just that they got to show off their work only through the Bayless video.

HBO also inserts microphones around the hips of the fighters (inside the protective gear) to get sounds made from body blows & use those sounds to enhance their TV broadbasts.
                    Didn't know that. That's pretty cool. Hopefully hbo adds it to their telecast.

Comment

Working...
                    X