No announcement yet.

New Pound For Pound Rankings: King Chocolatito, Welcome Back Dre, Welcome Kell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Once you get past Gonzalez, Pacquiao, Rigondeax, Kovalev, and Ward in whatever order you think they belong, the rest of the names don't really matter.

Pac being below Crawford and Wlad is dumb, but whatever.
    I don't see Crawford beating Pac. When Canelo was there he wasn't demoted from losing to Floyd but Pac gets dropped from 2-8.

Comment

Wow ****1ng ugly list.
      Wlad and Pacquiao too low. Pacquiao should be ahead to Crawford while Wlad should be in number 1 or 2. I'm fine with Roman as number 1.
      I have nothing against Brook and Ward, but they didn't deserve those spot. If they want to put Ward at least put him in 6-10 not number 2. His last opposition sucks. And Brook doesn't belong there yet.

My Personal P4P List
      1. Wlad
      2. Roman
      3. Kovalev
      4. Pacquiao
      5. GGG
      6. Rigo
      7. Ward
      8. Bradley
      9. Crawford
      10. Yamanaka/Cotto
      Last edited by gamesworn; 09-16-2015, 06:43 AM. Reason: Adding my p4p list

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
        I don't see Crawford beating Pac. When Canelo was there he wasn't demoted from losing to Floyd but Pac gets dropped from 2-8.
        I know people don't like ranking a fighter who lost his last fight in the top spot, but if you have to put someone there, I think Pacquiao is the guy. He is the most proven guy left in the wake of Mayweather's absence and none of the other candidates have a win worth supplanting him yet.

I'm not thinking too hard on it but Kovalev probably has a decent case. Ward just came back against an unimpressive opponent, Rigondeaux hasn't done much since Donaire, Gonzalez hasn't had a particularly great win lately, and Pac is coming off a loss. It wouldn't be a huge stretch to put Kovalev at the top just based on the circumstances. Though I'd rather not put anyone at the top right now.

Comment

Wlad should probably be at least number 3, I can sort of agree with everything else Rigo needs to fight someone soon or he should drop off.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Wow, Gonazalez #1.

I don't agree.
            I agree that Gonzalez isnt no.1 IDH, but who do you put up there?

Everytime I go to make a list I cant bring myself to put anyone in the top spot.

Is it ******ed of me to leave the top spot vacant?

Andre Ward needs to hurry up and fight someone worth a damn so I can bump him up to no,1
            Last edited by Tom Cruise; 09-16-2015, 06:45 AM.

Comment

The three guys who I think have the skill and talent to be the P4P no.1 are Rigondeaux, Gonzalez and Ward. For various reasons none of these guys have fought any truly elite opponents for quite a while now

Kovalev and GGG are very good fighters reigning over what are imo weak divisions (LHW has a few good fighters then the talent level drops off massively, same as MW). Unfortunately neither can get to their best opponents to prove they are elite yet. Both could make a great case for themselves if they can get their hands on and beat Andre Ward.

Pac I'm just not sure about right now. Its been years since he put in a performance that really impressed me (I dont rate Bradley like some do on here and Pac didnt look great in either fight).
              Last edited by Tom Cruise; 09-16-2015, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Welcome back Ward. I can't say I agree with Gonzalez at #1, but can't think of anyone really deserving. It would've been Ward, but I need him to beat someone better than Smith to give it to him.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                  New Ring Rankings welcome the return of Andre SOG Ward:

1. Roman Gonzalez
                  2. Andre Ward
                  3. Sergey Kovalev
                  4. Gennady Golovkin
                  5. Guillermo Rigondeaux
                  6. Wladmir Klitchko
                  7. Terrence Crawford
                  8. Manny Pacquiao
                  9. Shinsuke Yamanaka
                  10. Kell Brook

The new era has begun.
                  Not a fan of Klitschko but he should be higher than that. And Ward back at 2 is no bueno imo.

Comment

I think Wlad and Pacquiao should be higher, Ward lower.

The number 1 place really is up for grabs.

Comment

Kovalev or Wlad should have the #1 spot imo

How Golovkin is higher than Wlad is bogus.

Comment

Working...
                      X