No announcement yet.

Knowrisk:oscar dela hoya...you'd have to be blind not to see this

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KennyWeldon View Post
    it's funny how people love to talk trash about Oscar, but the second somebody backs him up everyone turns to the gay comments or nuthugging comments, surely anyone who tries to discredit Oscar from his victories are just Oscar haters, anyone who steps into the ring to fight world class fighters deserves respect, not just anybody can do that, this is not the ufc/mma where anybody can be a world champion over night. Boxing takes hard work and dedication. Why can't people just be real? Every fighter has a fan base, so you will hear from his fans once you try to make him look bad.

its true but at the same time when you tyr and give yourself every possible advantage when doing this you kind of lose credibility

Comment

Let me add this also......Oscar is NOT a bum. He's damn good. And you BETTER bring your A-game if you fight him. My post is STICTLY about how he "stategically" fights people instead of fighting "whoever they put in front of him" like he claims.

Comment

Originally posted by KennyWeldon View Post
        it's funny how people love to talk trash about Oscar, but the second somebody backs him up everyone turns to the gay comments or nuthugging comments, surely anyone who tries to discredit Oscar from his victories are just Oscar haters, anyone who steps into the ring to fight world class fighters deserves respect, not just anybody can do that, this is not the ufc/mma where anybody can be a world champion over night. Boxing takes hard work and dedication. Why can't people just be real? Every fighter has a fan base, so you will hear from his fans once you try to make him look bad.
        first off, in relation to nuthugging and gay comments, thats the internet. surely you should be used to it by now.

next off, as for oscar, hes lost more big fights than hes won. and some of the ones he won were questionable.

and on the topic of becoming an MMA champ overnight and how EASY it is!

are you that much of an idiot?

there are 4 sanctioning body titles for EACH weight class. boxing has like 17 weight classes ufc has like 7 or 8 or something (dont feel like looking it up). its MUCH easier to become a champion in boxing. there are 7 or 8 mma champs. you know how many boxing champs there are? if i am correct that there are 17 weight classes, thats 68 champs. how many of them are REAL champs. in boxing if you wanna duck someone you simply move up a minimal amount of pounds and fight in that division. how many fighters hid at cruiser weight or junior middle weight? in MMA you cant hide.

hate mma all you want, you can dis the sport all you like, but dont discredit the work those guys put in. mma fighters are fighters too. they go through long hard grueling training camps. just because hbo doesnt make a 24-7 for mma fighters doesnt mean they dont train you ignorant bastard.

what a disrespectful punk, i cant even being to imagine how babied you are in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by know1212risk View Post
          I've been a boxing fan for quite awhile. Unlike a lot of people who SPEAK on fighters careers RETROACTIVELY(I.e. looking back at old tapes), I watched a lot of what's talked about while it actually happened. Which is why the "myth" of Oscar Dela Hoya taking on all comers is annoying to me. Oscar ONLY fought when he thought he had the advantage. Here's a run down:

Pernell-fought him when he was old
          Chavez-fought him when he was old
          Mosley-came up from 135 to fight Oscar.
          Mayweather-fought him at 154, saying he couldn't make WW. But amazingly NOW he can make 147.
          Ike Quartey-could of and should of fought him years earlier. Thought Ike was getting old
          Tito-could of and should of fought him years earlier. And ONLY fought him after David Reid,the REAL person who laid the blueprint to beat Tito, fought him. Now Oscar gets all the credit for showing how to beat Tito. Find the David Reid fight and watch for yourself. He was DOMINATING Tito until Tito caught him. Needless to say, Reid was never the same fighter. Tito "ruined" him. Which leads to the next example
          Vargas-could of andshould of fought him years earlier. Even vowed NEVER to fight him. Until Vargas fought Tito and Tito "ruined" him
          Mayorga-fought him after Tito "ruined" him
          Hopkins-fought him once he thought he was too old. Now we really see how WRONG he was. Bhop still going strong.
          Pacman-moving up from 135(1 fight) to 147
          Gatti-fought Oscar at 147 YEARS ago. As of late you saw 147 guys are were too big for him. And they STILL were when he fought Oscar. Oscar made him look small.

I'm NOT one of the people who think Margarito is "unbeatable"(just ask Paul Williams) but Oscar wasn't going to fight Margarito unless he had or THOUGHT he had all the advantages like he did in the examples I showed. He may fight him at 154 where Marg didn't look impressive. But NEVER at 147 unless Marg looks bad against Mosley. Oscar been doing this his ENTIRE career. You would have to be BLIND not to notice. And AGAIN......don't forget to peep the Tito vs David Reid fight. Peace
          Oscar fought a Prime Quartey and He fought Tito before Reid. Whitaker was stilll very good in fact he almost beat Oscar.ANd Oscar only had 24 fights and Whitaker 42. Oscar Fought A prime Vargas, he fought Hernandez and Ruelas who where in their primes and very though!!!Mosley was a WW pushing it to be LW. He fought tough veteran JCC when he only had 22 fights.He won his first Title in his 12 fight fight against and undefeted fighter. He has fought tough guys like Camacho, Wilfredo Rivera,Oba carr. Ect.,ect.

I dont like the idea of Oscar fighting Manny, I think is a BS fight. But Oscar is entitled to do what ever the **** he wants, he have earned it. He have what I think the best All Time Resume!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ALPHA O`MEGA View Post
            oscar fought tito before david reid.
            the guy is talking out of his ass.

i wouldn't be surprised if he copy and pasted that from another forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
              Oscar fought a Prime Quartey and He fought Tito before Reid. Whitaker was stilll very good in fact he almost beat Oscar.ANd Oscar only had 24 fights and Whitaker 42. Oscar Fought A prime Vargas, he fought Hernandez and Ruelas who where in their primes and very though!!!Mosley was a WW pushing it to be LW. He fought tough veteran JCC when he only had 22 fights.He won his first Title in his 12 fight fight against and undefeted fighter. He has fought tough guys like Camacho, Wilfredo Rivera,Oba carr. Ect.,ect.

I dont like the idea of Oscar fighting Manny, I think is a BS fight. But Oscar is entitled to do what ever the **** he wants, he have earned it. He have what I think the best All Time Resume!!!!!!!!!
              maybe hed have the best all time resume if he would have won all of those fights

Comment

I've been a boxing fan for quite awhile. Unlike a lot of people who SPEAK on fighters careers RETROACTIVELY(I.e. looking back at old tapes), I watched a lot of what's talked about while it actually happened. Which is why the "myth" of Oscar Dela Hoya taking on all comers is annoying to me. Oscar ONLY fought when he thought he had the advantage. Here's a run down:

Pernell-fought him when he was old
                Chavez-fought him when he was old
                Mosley-came up from 135 to fight Oscar.
                Mayweather-fought him at 154, saying he couldn't make WW. But amazingly NOW he can make 147.
                Ike Quartey-could of and should of fought him years earlier. Thought Ike was getting old
                Tito-could of and should of fought him years earlier. And ONLY fought him after David Reid,the REAL person who laid the blueprint to beat Tito, fought him. Now Oscar gets all the credit for showing how to beat Tito. Find the David Reid fight and watch for yourself. He was DOMINATING Tito until Tito caught him. Needless to say, Reid was never the same fighter. Tito "ruined" him. Which leads to the next example
                Vargas-could of andshould of fought him years earlier. Even vowed NEVER to fight him. Until Vargas fought Tito and Tito "ruined" him
                Mayorga-fought him after Tito "ruined" him
                Hopkins-fought him once he thought he was too old. Now we really see how WRONG he was. Bhop still going strong.
                Pacman-moving up from 135(1 fight) to 147
                Gatti-fought Oscar at 147 YEARS ago. As of late you saw 147 guys are were too big for him. And they STILL were when he fought Oscar. Oscar made him look small.

I'm NOT one of the people who think Margarito is "unbeatable"(just ask Paul Williams) but Oscar wasn't going to fight Margarito unless he had or THOUGHT he had all the advantages like he did in the examples I showed. He may fight him at 154 where Marg didn't look impressive. But NEVER at 147 unless Marg looks bad against Mosley. Oscar been doing this his ENTIRE career. You would have to be BLIND not to notice. And AGAIN......don't forget to peep the Tito vs David Reid fight. Peace
                Don't forget Oscar skipped on Tszyu way down there at 140. Don't forget about that.

Comment

ufc/mma=wwe rejects

Comment

Originally posted by kenso View Post
                    maybe hed have the best all time resume if he would have won all of those fights
                    He have lose some big fights and he have won a couple. His resume is still the best resume. If he would of win all his big fights he would of be right now the god of boxing.Better than Ali and Leonard Together. Thats how manny big fights Oscar have had!!!!!

Comment

Let me add this also......Oscar is NOT a bum. He's damn good. And you BETTER bring your A-game if you fight him. My post is STICTLY about how he "stategically" fights people instead of fighting "whoever they put in front of him" like he claims.
                      I'll agree with this, even though Oscar strategically picks his opponents too. I have great respect for Oscar, especially after he fought Hopkins who was physically out of his league. But, Oscar does have some blips. He's commercially oriented for one...which means IMO that money is more important to him than legacy. It's a common failing.

Comment

Working...
                      X