Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nwahs_!!, yer opinion on Blackstone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK....so the feds cut the rates today.Should I buy some blackstone and hold on to it for a year or so nwahs?

Comment

a 3/4 slash too! they're not ****in around...

Comment

Originally posted by Purity2 View Post
        a 3/4 slash too! they're not ****in around...
        Oh yeah, these teasing bastards.

Comment

They probably read our thread

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD View Post
            OK....so the feds cut the rates today.Should I buy some blackstone and hold on to it for a year or so nwahs?
            Not yet, although the fed did cut rates, and bx is making a positive move today, we need to wait and see what kinds of concrete effects the cut has on the banking industry.

The move today is more of an emotion move, Id like to see some real improvement in their fundamentals before I make a buy.

I would wait until they release their earnings numbers. before I buy. Im guessing their numbers will be catastrophic with the recent banking situation.

Their stock will probably pull back quite a bit, and provided the banking industry is shaping up, that is the time to buy.

the 75 basis point cut was good news, but I feel it is still inadequate, especially considering how slowly they reacted.

However, I would recommend you buy AAPL in the next 30 min if you have some liquidity in your portfolio.

AAPL is going to announce earnings at 12:30, and I have a feeling that they will out perform estimates quite handily.

I actually just dumped 50% of my liquidity into AAPL about 20 min ago.

Comment

The good news, BX did touch $17 today, like I predicted it would. I feel as if $17 should be close to the bottom, should the banking industry stabilize.

We might miss out on some profits while we sit back and watch how things play out for BX, but I feel that any profits we miss, are well worth it for the insight we will gain by watching how the market unfolds.

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD View Post
                Buy and hold is the worst idea ever.

Everyone has a buy and hold mentality. That is wrong. Its buy and research.
                You should devote at least 1 hours per week to every stock you own in research.

If you buy and hold, you tend to forget about the stock, and you might check on it one day to find it is down 90%.

Comment

Here is an example for you.

A while back, I took a year off from trading and sold off my short term plays and left myself with a few long term holds.

One of them was a company called Adstar (ADST)

I bought the company at $2.82 when I came back, the company was at $0.40

I still own the company, I keep it in my portfolio to remind myself of the dangers of buy and hold.

To date, I have lost 89.38% of my initial investment on ADST.

Comment

Originally posted by Nwahs !! View Post
                    Buy and hold is the worst idea ever.

Everyone has a buy and hold mentality. That is wrong. Its buy and research.
                    You should devote at least 1 hours per week to every stock you own in research.

If you buy and hold, you tend to forget about the stock, and you might check on it one day to find it is down 90%.

amen. ****, i think i'm gonna print this thread out and file it away. so you think that once Blackstone releases it's ****ty numbers people will get emotional, sell off some more, lower the share price, and then it'll be in a better buy position? assuming of course that more concrete evidence has surfaced by then that the banking industry could be on the upswing...

i've always heard, and seen, bad news about day trading but i'm assuming that most of these cases were with traders that were trading emotionally, rather than logically researching what they were getting into, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Nwahs !! View Post
                      Here is an example for you.

A while back, I took a year off from trading and sold off my short term plays and left myself with a few long term holds.

One of them was a company called Adstar (ADST)

I bought the company at $2.82 when I came back, the company was at $0.40

I still own the company, I keep it in my portfolio to remind myself of the dangers of buy and hold.

To date, I have lost 89.38% of my initial investment on ADST.
                      haha! i bought about 500 shares of Deitrich Coffee back in the late 90s at around $6.00 a share. the share price never hit $6.00 again. after a couple of years i just held on to it with the goal of just seeing it go back to $6.00 so i could at least break even.

Comment

Working...
                      X