Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P4P, who wins "stylistically" Lomencheko or GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    None of the fighters you've mentioned had power he'd respect. Against known power punchers like Lemieux and Stevens he fought very cautiously.

It's strength and power that will beat Golovkin, not fluid movement and beautiful defense.
    Yup you're right. The shoulder roll won't work either. He'll just attack the body and break you down. I think you need to outweigh ggg by 20 lbs to beat him and an iron chin with olympic level pedigree. A big lhw. No body his size is strong enough.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
      Yup you're right. The shoulder roll won't work either. He'll just attack the body and break you down. I think you need to outweigh ggg by 20 lbs to beat him and an iron chin with olympic level pedigree. A big lhw. No body his size is strong enough.
      Funny you described Andre Ward

Comment

Fluid boxing and great movement is not the way to beat golovkin.

Golovkin with an easy win.

Comment

2 future ATG battle to a unanimous draw. No controversies.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Golovkin can't effectively fight going backwards; Lomachenko can. Pretty much, end of story.

The moment a shark stops swimming, it's dying
            Yea he can, but it's irrelevant here anyway because Loma wouldn't the the aggressor, except for when Golovkin is taking his breaks.

Comment

Not necessarily. The key to beating Golovkin, as I see it, is to not let him "snowball" on you; get into that stalking rhythm, where all he's doing is coming forward behind that touch jab and looking to fire his mid-range shots.

Golovkin's still undefeated, but Ouma had his successes, Rosado had his successes, Brook had his successes, Willie Monroe Jr had his moments, Murray had his moments, etc.

Golovkin likes to fight one way; the fighter that doesn't let him do that beats him; shotgun jab as he's coming in, footwork to manipulate range, making him defend shots and moving before he could even try to counter, working really well to the body, etc.

There's a reason why Golovkin has been matched as carefully as K2 has decided to match him.
              What the, he's at his best when using a touch jab?

And I'd choose Loma to win this fight by a few rounds. But this is mainly because I don't know how sturdy Loma is, because Golovkin will have his moments unloading bombs on him as he covers up.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                Yea he can, but it's irrelevant here anyway because Loma wouldn't the the aggressor, except for when Golovkin is taking his breaks.
                It's not about "being the aggressor"; it's about breaking Golovkin's rhythm. Lomachenko already does that in spades.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  What the, he's at his best when using a touch jab?

And I'd choose Loma to win this fight by a few rounds. But this is mainly because I don't know how sturdy Loma is, because Golovkin will have his moments unloading bombs on him as he covers up.
                  The jab the Golovkin uses is solely to steer/set punch distance for his bombs.

Comment

Stylistically speaking P4P Loma is arguably better than anybody.

Ridiculous skill set and arsenal. I like Gennady a lot, but from a P4P sense the only thing GGG has over Lomachenko is power. Well I guess you can toss cutting off the ring ability as well -- although Loma is no slouch on that, either.

Comment

The jab the Golovkin uses is solely to steer/set punch distance for his bombs.
                      Bull****. He landed the jab at will against lemieux. Golovkin's jab is a power jab. Lomo's uses his jab more for range.

Comment

Working...
                      X