Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So either Canelo or Cotto is going to win eh? I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

took literally 30 seconds to read.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Omonist View Post
        I really only see two outcomes to this fight:

Outcome 1: Canelo is able to trap Cotto and lands big in the early rounds causing a cut or hurting him badly. This would then cause a systematic breakdown which would end in a Canelo win. Going off of Cotto's history I do not see him getting KTFO, it would be more of a slow beat down, if that. Yes I know that anything can happen in boxing, but if Canelo wins I am 98% sure it will be this way.

Outcome 2: Cotto outboxing Canelo to a UD. As we all know Canelo's footwork isn't the greatest and this could be a huge factor in this fight. If this outcome is to come into play I can see a few exchanges here and there, but in the end most rounds going to Cotto.

Fighter Advantages
        Power: Canelo
        Speed: Same (Canelo has fast combo's and Cotto is fast with jab/counter)
        Hunger: Canelo (younger and more to gain as for Cotto who is almost out the door)
        Footwork: Cotto
        Experience: Cotto
        Overall boxing skills: Cotto

With the above said, this is a great fight and is something fans have been waiting for. I for one will being going for Cotto, but wouldn't mind seeing Canelo take home the W.

BTW, some of you are probably thinking that I cannot have an unbiased opinion if I am Puerto Rican, but I did have May over Cotto and even Mosley over Cotto when they fought. I'm a boxing fan first guys, yes I know it's hard to believe here on NSB.

Now for whoever wants to bet, get at me. I have some virtual money to win/loose!
        So basically you think either guy will prolly win? Great

Comment

• I think Canelo will win if things go his way.

I think Cotto will win if things go his way.

Comment

• Canelo's connect percentage is well above Cotto. Canelo's connect ratio is among the top in the game. I don't know why you would say Cotto is the better boxer. Why because he has more fluid footwork? What does that mean when the stats show Canelo is superior on both offense and defense despite having tougher fights than cotto.

Comment

• I am sure Canelo is in shape to go 12 hard rounds if need be.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
                I am super stoked for this awesome bout however I do not see Cotto winning this one.

The people who are on the "Cotto has resurged to tip top form thanks to Freddie Roach" bandwagon fail to realize it's easy to look like you are back to tip top form when you have been taking easy catchweight fights.

Cotto vs. Rodriguez= Rodriguez plain sucks. This was a fight to make Cotto look great.

Cotto vs Maravilla= Sergio had no legs, came off of a long layoff filled with injuries surgeries and age decline. Easy win for Cotto.

Cotto vs. Geale= Geale sucks. Geale easily quit vs. Golovkin in the 3rd round. Geale looked terrible and drained vs. Cotto.

That's 3 easy catchweight fights that made Cotto look great. But realistically the facts are that he's way past his prime, he lost to Austin Trout easily and has since been made to look good and he has also come up short in every important big fight he has against top guys.

Unless Canelo absolutely gasses out by round 4 I do not see anything in Cotto's past prime arsenal that can stop Canelo. Canelo is hungry, strong, quick with great combos. After this fight everyone will see that Cotto is the same Cotto he was 2 years ago before Roach.

Im not a Cotto nor Canelo fan but this fight is a solid scrap.
                You don't know about his left hook? Canelo better pray cotto doesn't catch him in combination when he's not ready to the body.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
                  Canelo is shook, were taking him downtown
                  whos we? boxing is not a team sport

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I think Canelo's power & chin is being oversold or Cotto's power & chin is being undersold. Cotto has been battle tested & only fell to one of the best fighters of this era in the last round & a guy who got caught using loaded gloves in his next fight in 11. Meanwhile Canelo most notably got stunned by Cotto's brother & the hitters he has fought have been only hitters without the high level of boxing ability of a guy like Cotto. I actually think if there is a KO it'll be Cotto doing the KOing & Canelo is gonna win a decision either fairly or unfairly.
                    So you really go by that as one of the reason he will lose to Cotto? Come on guy. You do realize he ended up knocking his ass out.

And if you use the well he was stunned by Cottos brother as a reason he will lose, then what about using the Canelo beat Trout, while Cotto got demolished by him.

Me personally I think Cotto will win as he is the more seasoned guy, he has the skill, good speed and good power. As long as he can withstand the youth and the relentlessness and good skill of Canelo and not wilt under pressure Cotto should be good. Nevertheless i'll be going for Canelo because I want all the young guys to take over and move these older ones out but unfortunately I think Cotto is going to take it in UD fashion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
                      I think Canelo will win if things go his way.

I think Cotto will win if things go his way.
                      Pretty sure that was sarcasm, but to be correct what I really wrote was:

I think Canelo will win by TKO if things go his way.

I think Cotto will win by UD if things go his way.

LOL!

Comment

Working...
                      X