Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Terrance Crawford the most unworthy Foty winner ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BertoRollin' View Post
    Burns/Gamboa/Beltran or Vazquez Jr./Mathebula/Nishioka/Arce
    Nishioka as old as he was,was a better victory than the inactive moving up in weight Gamboa. Mathebula was no slouch either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
      It's criminal that the lower divisions don't get much love. Hardly any Americans/Brits fight down there to spark interest.
      I agree its hard to believe that some of the great little guys aren't really even considered for the award.

Comment

It's not just you. He has the skills no doubt, but he didn't go out and beat on a bunch of world beaters(Except Gamboa who was at a big disadvantage).

I got nothing against him though. I think I would have went with Kovalev, but it's whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
          Matthysse is fighting Postol.

Hererra just fought Lundy and has a nasty cut to let heal.

Provo is a stupid fight to take. The guy is 2 and 3 in his last 5 fights and his two wins were against a should of retired 7 years ago Castillo and fellow punching bag Alvarado. The fact that Ring essentially ranks Provo 2nd in the division, with Garcia and Peterson gone, shows what a cluster **** 140 is atm. Crawford is the only guy with a belt that is actually fighting at 140 atm. If I was handling Crawford I wouldn't put him anywhere near Provo unless he has a strap.
          Terrance last fought in April same time as Matthysse as I understand it HBO planned to match the against each other,but Top Rank was willing to risk it,hoping instead to navigate Crawford into an eventual passing of the torch fight against Pacquiao.Also listing Provodnikov's record a. doesn't dwindle his name value or experience at the elite level and b. is negligent without listing the proper context i.e. two potential robberies.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            What does this years fight have to do with last years fighter of the year? & yes I agree as a Crawford supporter he has a weak fight coming up but on the same token, people are salivating to throw TC to the wolves in hope of him being exposed for some reason. Its a stay busy fight to keep sharp so once the 140lb division gets sorted out, he'll fight one of the wolves at 140...
            People like me are not hoping that he gets exposed.I just want to see him in against the elite and prove that the hype is justified.He's had two stay busy fights in a talent rich division after winning foty.

Comment

Working...
            X