No announcement yet.

something i noticed about Benard Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrUnKnockoutabl View Post
    was a welterweight, he couldn't make 147 anymore the guying was walking around at 170 dude. He was favored to beat hopkins too, He had already got a belt at 160 and defeated william joppy.
    He's just trolling. Anything to discredit Hopkins or Pavlik. That's all he posts. Funny, if Hopkins is such a bum, why did Calzaghe have such a hard time winning a SD against an old fart who only fought blown up WWs?

Comment

Originally posted by ALPHA O`MEGA View Post
      in a way what he did was an indication that that's where his thinking was.
      hey alpha where did you get that gif in your sig?

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
        Yeap, very true,

One of Joes biggest assets is his Workrate. Hopkins cut it in half. Titos best asset was his power, Hopkins avoided his shots and broke him down etc,

Hopkins is a tactical genious IMO. Even if he strays into illegal tactics from time to time, he is very clever.

Hopkins is as ring smart and resourceful as any fighter I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Tripmywire99 View Post
          Hopkins is as ring smart and resourceful as any fighter I've ever seen.
          To be as competative as he is a such a high level, at the age of 43. Shows how intelligent Hopkins is. He fights boring, so people dislike him a bit, but he fights clever. Knowing he doesn't have the stamina he used to

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
            To be as competative as he is a such a high level, at the age of 43. Shows how intelligent Hopkins is. He fights boring, so people dislike him a bit, but he fights clever. Knowing he doesn't have the stamina he used to
            I agree! His style has adapted over the years. Age has taken it's toll but he finds new ways to win (or make an extremely close fight).

Comment

Bernard can fight till he's damn near 50 and still never truly be beaten. That's what I love about Bernard. He'll never be beaten up in the ring and clearly lose. Too smart, he always makes it his type of fight. I almost wanna hold off on my highlight video because I know Pav is gonna walk into some highlight worthy punches and regardless to how likely it is he will win, he will definitely find himself very frustrated for large portions of early rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
                And Pav's style has got to be the easiest to figure out when
                you have took on the likes of Trinidad,Winky,Calzaghe
                His straight forward no special effects...

To me has old as Bernard is this is a fight he could win

Yeah, I agree. Unless Pavlik knocks him out, there is a good chance that Hopkins will beat him on points. Pavlik is really just a one dimensional tall slugger with no more than basics boxing skills. A willy old pro like Hopkins should be able to figure him out.

Comment

i cant beleave it a thread where hopkins is not getting trashed!!!!!!!!!!classic

Comment

Hopkins usually wins based on what his opponents can't do rather than anything spectacular he does himself. He just takes you outta your game and counters you to death. B-Hop is a tactical genius.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
                      i cant beleave it a thread where hopkins is not getting trashed!!!!!!!!!!classic
                      True, It's rare,

Maybe Terrible put all the Hop haters on ignore to stop them from ruining this thread

Comment

Working...
                      X