This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JrGooNer View Post
    on a slightly different note about Arsenal, was anybody else there when James DeGale came out at half time to show off his title after beating Direll? It should have been a quality moment but to me it just felt really awkward.
    He did wear a QPR shirt once

His cousin played for them I think

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

Yep, Lee Cook.

Good player in his prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
        Oh **** I just looked at the portugal team they have players from the championship yeah youre right still proves my point that he needs a great team around him for him to be good.
        Ronaldo in that Argentina side probably wins a WC.

He's in the most basic form, a goal scorer. You can stop Ronaldo and Aguero will be free to terrorize. Stop Aguero, Ronaldo will score period. Without Aguero you still have Higuain and without him, Lavezzi is still available. Like, Argentina is just stacked to the brim.

I don't think Messi does jack squat with that Portugal side really. Ronaldo pretty much carries them with his moments of brilliance. They almost got sent to hell by USA if it wasn't for a picture perfect cross from Ronaldo. That's how ass Portugal is.

Regardless however, I believe they both require great team mates to be fair. Barcelona just proved without Messi they will and can curb stomp Madrid. So it's not like Messi is like the end all be all for Barca.

Comment

• A half-fit Messi did more in a 30 minute cameo at the weekend than a fully fit C.Ronaldo did the entire game.

Comment

• One player doesn't make a football team? Am I hearing this right?

A revolutionary breakdown on the beautiful game is being dropped in this very thread.

It genuinely pains me to watch Ronaldo play football now. He was a class act at Utd, but has turned to absolute **** trying to compete with Messi's goal tally at the expense of the rest of his game (and his teammates).

If Ronaldo played for Argentina, they wouldn't have made the world cup final. I'm almost sure of that.
            Last edited by Adamjr91; 11-23-2015, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

Yeh I heard that. Poor show if true.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                Ronaldo in that Argentina side probably wins a WC.

He's in the most basic form, a goal scorer. You can stop Ronaldo and Aguero will be free to terrorize. Stop Aguero, Ronaldo will score period. Without Aguero you still have Higuain and without him, Lavezzi is still available. Like, Argentina is just stacked to the brim.

I don't think Messi does jack squat with that Portugal side really. Ronaldo pretty much carries them with his moments of brilliance. They almost got sent to hell by USA if it wasn't for a picture perfect cross from Ronaldo. That's how ass Portugal is.

Regardless however, I believe they both require great team mates to be fair. Barcelona just proved without Messi they will and can curb stomp Madrid. So it's not like Messi is like the end all be all for Barca.
                Stacked and yet losing or drawing all there games in the WC qualifiers with no Messi. Just barley beat Colombia 1-0 recently. Just think without Messi goal against Iran they draw. They would have not even gotten out of the group stage if not for Messi. Portugal is so bad yet No Ronaldo No Messi in the 2nd half in the 2014 game they had. Portugal won 1-0. They are stacked have the most dominate names in Football but yet they dont click. Poor Messi is playing with idiots in that Argentina team that have individual talent but no football iq.

Comment

• Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                  This is why I was pissed that Aguero or Silva were injured for the United game, I'd rather they played and Pelle went with a MF 2 of Toure and Fernandinho as opposed to Fernando/Fernandinho.

We would have dicked them just like Liverpool did. Toure cannot play in a MF 2, he's such a passenger defensively.
                  We've smashed you plenty of times with Yaya in a 2 man midfield.

We were **** and Liverpool were excellent on Sat. I'd be more concerned about our title credentials if not for the rest of league being absolute dross.

Why Fernandinho (our best player this year) wasn't playing on Sat I have no idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                    Stacked and yet losing or drawing all there games in the WC qualifiers with no Messi. Just barley beat Colombia 1-0 recently. Just think without Messi goal against Iran they draw. They would have not even gotten out of the group stage if not for Messi. Portugal is so bad yet No Ronaldo No Messi in the 2nd half in the 2014 game they had. Portugal won 1-0. They are stacked have the most dominate names in Football but yet they dont click. Poor Messi is playing with idiots in that Argentina team that have individual talent but no football iq.
                    I wouldn't say they have low footballing iq. Seems to me that most of them prefer the fast, direct counter.

Also, Portugal is a team that struggles to qualify for europe and the wc. Whereas Argentina is one of 2-3 teams in south america who are sure ins for both tournaments. (suda and wc)

Comment

• The Ronaldo/Portugal debate is recycled.

Fact is, Portugal were a class side before they started to build the team around Ronaldo ('07 'ish).

The team led by Figo would routinely get to semis/finals of major competitions.

Comment

Working...
                      X