No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto: Golovkin Not Yet in Majors, Fight Premature

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Golovkin isn't ranked by the WBC because he's a beltholder, and beltholders from other ABC groups aren't ranked. Golovkin could beat everyone on that list and the WBC won't rank him because of his belt.

And FFS, you're using alphabet rankings? Look at them! Jermain Taylor is ranked above Matthew Macklin, how the **** can you use those rankings to defend anything besides hatred of the WBC?!
    Your an idiot that's straight from the WBC web site. I copied and paisted. GGG has to beat some one on the list to be ranked and right now he's not so in not shape or form is Cotto obligated to fight him like I said.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
      Your an idiot that's straight from the WBC web site. I copied and paisted. GGG has to beat some one on the list to be ranked and right now he's not so in not shape or form is Cotto obligated to fight him like I said.
      So you dont think that GGG is the #1 contender?

Comment

• Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
        Oh come on.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
          So you dont think that GGG is the #1 contender?
          He's not rank by the WBC, as soon as he defeats Murray or Rubio he would be ranked number 1 contender for the WBC. I don't create the rankings it doesnt really matter what I think, or what any of you think for that matter. Cotto is only obligated to defend against who WBC ranks as a contender. Cotto should fight GGG but not fighting him doesn't mean he's holding the belt hostage. In any case Cotto can go to 154 fight someone there then come back up to defend his belt, he doesn't have to defend right away and it doesn't have to be against GGG. And it kind of looks like WBC won't be able to pay Rubio to step aside. GGG should fight Rubio.

Comment

• Cotto is not being Good Boy.

He is being what Curtis Stevens is According to Golovkin.

Comment

• 3 million people saying Cotto isnt a good boy, yet barely a mill tuned in for GGGs last fight, lol

Comment

• Cotto is not a match for GGG who will knock Cotto out much faster than Pac did to Cotto. Cotto's legal adviser should just have said that the reason Cotto will not risk against GGG is that Cotto is only a 154 pounder while GGG is 160.

Comment

• Golovkin not ranked in the WBC .. here's why

Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
                  I'd be careful who I call an idiot, because you seem to lack basic understanding of how the sanctioning organizations work

and FYI since you mentioned the list .. and claimed GGG has to beat someone on that list ... he already has, #3 Curtis Stevens and #9 matthew Macklin yet Golovkin remains unranked by the WBC. Why is that?

WBA CHAMPION: Gennady Golovkin (Kazakhsta)
                  IBF CHAMPION: Sam Soliman (Australia)
                  WBO CHAMPION: Peter Quillin (US)

Contenders:
                  WBC SILVER CHAMPION:: Martin Murray (GB)
                  WBC INT. CHAMPION: Jorge Sebastian Heiland (Argentina)

because he's the WBA Middleweight champion, Golovkin is excluded from the WBC ranking

Comment

Working...
                  X