• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    Jack Dempsey Tko 1 over Harry Wills

what
    the
    ??????????????????????????//

im sure dempesy wouldnt have shamelessly ducked him if this was the case.
    By the way,,,, I think it was KO, not TKO,......... and Wills never landed a punch.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
      The Dempsey - Wills matchup was kind of a whack result.....one of the reasons I prefer running the matchups 100 times and taking the "typical" result. That way I can minimize any fluky outcomes and focus in on the "likely" outcomes.

Poet
      I'd love to see you put that whole line-up of fights X 100...... a lot of work POET !!........... ...... I couldn't believe Monty had done all that work... and to think that some of those early posters above thought that Monty had cheated,.......................................... ........ .................Kudo's to McGoorty for finding this old chestnut.................................. ...........McGOORTY,.... CHAMPION THREAD BUMPER-UPPERER......... CHAMPION For The FORGOTTEN THREAD !!!!!!!! Hip, Hip,..............

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
        I'd love to see you put that whole line-up of fights X 100...... a lot of work POET !!........... ...... I couldn't believe Monty had done all that work... and to think that some of those early posters above thought that Monty had cheated,.......................................... ........ .................Kudo's to McGoorty for finding this old chestnut.................................. ...........McGOORTY,.... CHAMPION THREAD BUMPER-UPPERER......... CHAMPION For The FORGOTTEN THREAD !!!!!!!! Hip, Hip,..............
        I could set something up I'm sure......the program can run a hundred fights in just a few seconds

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          I could set something up I'm sure......the program can run a hundred fights in just a few seconds
          Oh well, that's great, but we might be better if you ran say 25 fights starting with that 1st rd lineup then randomly starting with different matchups X 2,...... 75 times, and we'll have a great statistically based results,...... Or you could run programs for the BUrnerMcGoorty Corporations up to 200 lb shortlist for our discussions on the Heavyweight thread.............. ...... Then you can start on the MW's........... we only count filmed fighters (Barnburners Groundrules)..................... Having Fun POET ?????

Comment

I forget who did finally beat Wills, maybe it was Uscudan, or another fighter, but they beat wills handily, so it may not be far fetched that Dempsey could have also.
            & to watch an old overweight Marciano in the computer fight against Ali, showed even at that point, he still had quickness & power & could have chased Ali down & got in on him to land the big one, so yes Marciano has the punchers chance to KO Ali, & yes he knocks bite his ear Tyson out in a slugfest for the ages.

Comment

Working...
            X