No announcement yet.

Pacquiao & Klitsckhos success has caused RESENTMENT in certain "PEOPLE"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brutal Honesty View Post
    I just read the bernard hopkins article on all the sites especially espn, & cant help but notice at all the "people" agreeing & defending bernard hopkins race baiting supremacy remark.

My opinion on this whole black slick fighter manny is not fighting is this:

Pacquiao's success & to a certain degree the klitscko brothers, has ruined the natural order in boxing. Meaning, the normal hierarchy has been disrupted. It has been turned upside down by pacquiao's reign as king, k brothers dominant reign at heavyweight. Specifically pacman's overwhelming boxing decorations, accolades, does not sit well with certain "people."

If you look at the history of p4p kings, it has been predominantly ruled by black american fighters. Even tracing back 100 years ago, it was always black & white fighters, then as time went on prominent white fighters were slowly dying & the dominance was replaced by almost exclusively by black fighters. People grew up & live rooting for the greatness & placement of black fighters. Boxing fans, specifically black fans & to a certain degeree white fans, are used to rooting for a black fighter on top.

What is happening now is that a non american non black is on top of the food chain & the people who usually root for black & every now & then a top p4p king latin fighter are resentful that its not a american black on top. To make matters worse, the heavyweight division has been ruled by an iron fist by eastern european champions.

This resentment, this spiteful, bitter jealous attitude reminds me of the movie american gangster starring denzel washington. russell crow's character told frank lucas that he has upset the natural order of the drug trade. the italians are mad that he has become the boss of the drug trade that is normally ruled by the italian mob.

Why cant certain "people" be happy that a new star & king is on top? Why are they so compelled to bring him down? It reminds me of this kat williams stand up where kat williams describes how white people cant even let black people enjoy president obama:

starting at 2:40 mark

Watch that whole video starting from the 240 mark. It perfectly describes this whole black race supremacy non sense.

Every p4p king has almost always been black & sometimes latino. Why cant we appreciate manny pacquiao as fresh new king? First asian fighter to be p4p king & we cant even let him enjoy his reign without trying to bring him down with this racist ideology.

Cant we just let his asian fans be proud for a minute? Havent the american black fans have had all the great fighters on top? Why cant historians compare pacquiao alongside armstrong & robinson as they have started to do? Is that so bad?

Why are you guys so selfish?
    First of all, you're giving that loud mouth monkey Hopkins too much credit. Nobody really cares about what comes out of that animals mouth. His IQ level is sub 100, I'm sure. There will always be people who are jealous of others success. You have seen the silverback gorilla contingent of Mayweather fans that whine, moan, and red K everytime you call their black supremacist areses out. And I'll just keep on smiling while Manny, Sergio, and the K brothers keep winning. It really is that simple. Let the ghetto jungle apes act like apes. How far have they truly traveled with that tired act?

Comment

Sorry, I forgot that racism is only a bad thing when it comes from athletes. From now on I will ignore all of the racism on this forum and will focus solely on racism promoted by black athletes, because they are obviously the worst.

See the post above. This is clearly not racism. Only black athletes can be racist, and black athletes are the chosen representatives for all of black people world wide.
      Last edited by Red_Menace; 11-19-2010, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Menace View Post
        Sorry, I forgot that racism is only a bad thing when it comes from athletes. From now on I will ignore all of the racism on this forum and will focus solely on racism promoted by black athletes, because they are obviously the worst.
        excuse me sir but we are at a boxing website. you are replying to a boxing thread about racism in boxing & specifically what bernard hopkins is saying. if you want to get rid of racism or fight racism outside of this thread topic, then i suggest you join the naacp or the aclu.

Comment

excuse me sir but we are at a boxing website. you are replying to a boxing thread about racism in boxing & specifically what bernard hopkins is saying. if you want to get rid of racism or fight racism outside of this thread topic, then i suggest you join the naacp or the aclu.
          I was obviously wrong, and you are correct. Racist boxing fans have nothing to do with racism in boxing. If you ignore all of the racism in boxing, outside of some black athletes, then it becomes clear the only racists are black people, and we can infer that black people are more racist in general. Good point.

Comment

It's all ignorance to the fullest.
            Who cares what color you are if you can throw a punch and have the stamina and understand the science the rest should not matter.
            I am a boxing fan.
            I am not a "X" race boxer's fan.
            Mosely just wants publicity and hype.
            Manny is an inspiration and a leader. If you don't like his personality or believe he doesn't deserve where he is thats your problem.
            What doesn't change is the fact of who he is and what he has done.
            Life goes on. Manny will (or not) keep fighting, you will keep trolling this forum exercising your hate muscle and I will keep looking down at you and laughing at your ignorance.
            Racism will always be here because there is always some ******ed high schooler who doesn't even understand what it is and thinks it cool to say ****** jokes.
            Blame his parents blame society.
            Bottom line is black doesn't matter you a better boxer and Mexican doesn't make you tougher.
            The race card is so old and threads like this only feed fuel to the fire.
            no one envies you or thinks you are cool for your color of skin, sorry.
            Try again.

Comment

I always find it funny when fans get indignant over athletes personal lives nad comments. What they do outside of their job is irrelevant to me. I watch sports for entertainment and athletes don't get paid to be diplomats or saints. As for you Mr brutal honestly, you mention the NAACP and ACLU? Well if Hopkins hurt your feelings and pulled your tampon, you should join the Tea party movement or the Aryan brotherhood since you share their agenda with your one sided view of racism.

Comment

Who got owned?

Comment

i guess we shouldnt be surprised. humans are tribal by nature. its just sad that our thinking hasnt evolved.
                  If you believe it then your the only one who makes it true. I'm Bi-cultural, and to clarify there is only one human race on this planet last time i checked. It's our cultures what divides us.

Bernard Hopkins is a fool first and foremost if you looking to a dude who get's punched in the head for some stabilizing sense of logic, your a fool as well. that mo fo doesn't speak for any person but himself.

And you going to cast a wide blanket judgment like you've spoken to everybody on earth "humans are tribal by nature" what the **** kinda ignorant **** is this? like you took cultural anthropology?

fact is people are going to say ****, why pin your hopes and believe the the people on this site or for boxing talk for the whole world. pull your head outta your a.ss. watch BBC from time to time. read a book that's not a comic.

" its just sad that our thinking hasnt evolved" naw bro it's sad that your thinking hasn't like http://www.boxingscene.com is the holy grail of the human condition hahahhahahah!

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
                    I always find it funny when fans get indignant over athletes personal lives nad comments. What they do outside of their job is irrelevant to me. I watch sports for entertainment and athletes don't get paid to be diplomats or saints. As for you Mr brutal honestly, you mention the NAACP and ACLU? Well if Hopkins hurt your feelings and pulled your tampon, you should join the Tea party movement or the Aryan brotherhood since you share their agenda with your one sided view of racism.
                    personal lives? hopkins is talking about the sport & saying that african americans have a superior style & that in order to get full validation of greatness in boxing & from black fans you have to fight a african american with a slick style. you dont think this statement is relevant to the sport?

Originally posted by Red_Menace View Post
                    I was obviously wrong, and you are correct. Racist boxing fans have nothing to do with racism in boxing. If you ignore all of the racism in boxing, outside of some black athletes, then it becomes clear the only racists are black people, and we can infer that black people are more racist in general. Good point.
                    as i have said before, im talking about bernard hopkins comments. You are the one infering that black people are generally racist. Im just talking about boxing & hopkin's racial superiority ideology.

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                    If you believe it then your the only one who makes it true. I'm Bi-cultural, and to clarify there is only one human race on this planet last time i checked. It's our cultures what divides us.

Bernard Hopkins is a fool first and foremost if you looking to a dude who get's punched in the head for some stabilizing sense of logic, your a fool as well. that mo fo doesn't speak for any person but himself.

And you going to cast a wide blanket judgment like you've spoken to everybody on earth "humans are tribal by nature" what the **** kinda ignorant **** is this? like you took cultural anthropology?

fact is people are going to say ****, why pin your hopes and believe the the people on this site or for boxing talk for the whole world. pull your head outta your a.ss. watch BBC from time to time. read a book that's not a comic.

" its just sad that our thinking hasnt evolved" naw bro it's sad that your thinking hasn't like http://www.boxingscene.com is the holy grail of the human condition hahahhahahah!
                    You dont think humans are tribal by nature? ok sure buddy.

Comment

great article by jamele hill on espn:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/comme...ge=hill/101119

In Martin Lawrence's 1993 comedy special "You So Crazy," Lawrence asked the white people in his audience whether they desperately craved a white heavyweight champion.

"It's all right to feel you want a heavyweight champion," Lawrence quipped. "But the [bleep] ain't gonna happen … long as a brotha is out of work … it ain't happening."

Lawrence's politically incorrect joke was met with resounding applause and laughter because a lot of African-Americans consider boxing to be "our sport."

[+] Enlarge
                      Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images
                      The song Bernard "The Executioner" Hopkins is singing about Manny Pacquiao is off-key.
                      Now, Bernard Hopkins has given us his take on Lawrence's old joke. But it is far from humorous.

After Manny Pacquiao destroyed Antonio Margarito this past Saturday night, Hopkins said that African-American fighters would pose more of a challenge to Pacquiao (52-3-2, 38 KOs), questioned why Pacquiao hasn't fought any black fighters -- he discounted Pacquiao's victory over Joshua Clottey in March because Clottey is from Ghana -- and added that Pacquiao would lose to Floyd Mayweather Jr. because black boxers fight more aggressively.

"Floyd Mayweather would beat Manny Pacquiao because the styles that African-American fighters -- and I mean, black fighters from the streets or the inner cities -- would be successful," Hopkins told Fanhouse.com. "I think Floyd Mayweather would pot-shot Pacquiao and bust him up in between the four-to-five punches that Pacquiao throws and then set him up later on down the line."

This, by the way, is coming from the same boxer who lost to white fighter Joe Calzaghe after boldly declaring, "I'll never lose a fight to a white boy."

Hopkins' comments offered a brutally honest opinion about Pacquiao's weaknesses as a fighter. Hopkins (51-5-1, 32 KOs) isn't the first person to suggest that Mayweather's contrasting style would give Pacquiao problems.

But I have an issue with the way Hopkins tried to make a salient argument about why he considers Mayweather to be a superior fighter because he undermined his point with an offensive racial stereotype.

Hopkins not only accused Pacquiao of being afraid to fight black fighters but basically insinuated that Pacquiao couldn't beat an African-American, period.

[+] Enlarge
                      RobynBeck/AFP/Getty Images
                      At least Pacquiao wasn't afraid to take on Antonio Margarito this past Saturday.
                      "Maybe I'm biased because I'm black, but I think that this is what is said at people's homes and around the dinner table among black boxing fans and fighters," Hopkins said.

That, I believe. But if anyone ever dared to suggest that an African-American couldn't compete in something because of color, he or she would automatically be labeled a racist, and rightfully so.

Only, there has been little outrage over Hopkins comments, and I can't help but notice that many African-Americans either outright agree with him or are somehow rationalizing his statements.

There's nothing wrong with racial pride, but when you consider how much discrimination African-Americans have endured because of cruel racial stereotyping in sports, it makes what Hopkins said seem even more irresponsible.

It wasn't so long ago that there was an unspoken rule that blacks couldn't play quarterback because they were considered intellectually inferior. Nor was it that long ago that some people believed blacks wouldn't be successful head football coaches because they weren't smart enough and weren't good leaders. In fact, some believe that those stereotypes are still to blame for the lack of black head coaches in Division I college football.

That's dangerous thinking, and it has victimized African-Americans for a long time. But it hasn't stopped some African-Americans from privately and publicly harboring dangerous stereotypes about other races.

Minnesota Vikings running back Toby Gerhart, who is white, once told me that when he played at Stanford, it was routine for black players to express amazement at his ability.

"Even at the college level, my freshman year I played some, and after they tackled me, they'd say, 'Man, you run good for a white guy,'" Gerhart said.

[+] Enlarge
                      Gabriel Bouys/AFP/Getty Images
                      Hopkins, who beat Roy Jones Jr. in April, apparently overlooked the realities of a possible Mayweather-Pacquiao bout.
                      Can you imagine the furor that would erupt if a white player told Michael Vick he plays quarterback well despite being black?

Or if people told Tony Dungy they didn't expect him to be a good coach because he's black?

But for some reason, it's OK to say that white men can't jump or, in Hopkins' case, that Pacquiao doesn't stand a chance against a black fighter.

Besides, Hopkins completely ignored the possibility that Pacquiao hasn't fought many black boxers because there aren't a lot of black fighters in the lower weight divisions to start with. A lot of people think it's the black fighter, Mayweather, who is ducking Pacquiao, rather than the other way around, even though most experts predict that the payday for both fighters could be the biggest in boxing history.

I'll buy that Hopkins wasn't trying to be malicious, and it's no secret that there always has been a strong racial undercurrent in boxing, but that doesn't excuse Hopkins' thoughtlessness.

Comment

Working...
                      X