Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao-Marco A. Barrera II: Revenge or Repeat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao-Marco A. Barrera II: Revenge or Repeat?

By Ryan ******** - It was the fight they say should never happen again. After a close first round in their first meeting, competitive moments came few and far between. Barrera is even coming off a loss his last time out against Juan Manuel Marquez, a former Pacquiao nemesis. Eleven rounds of a thorough hammering might have coaxed lesser men into retirement, let alone compel them to arms once more with their oppressing plight. [details]

This fight will finally put all those unanswered questions in the first fight to rest. Was Barrera distracted that's why he lost the first fight? Was Pacquiao
    lucky given those circumstances? And several other questions in the minds of
    both fans and fight experts alike.

Comment

Originally posted by THRILLAinmanila View Post
      This fight will finally put all those unanswered questions in the first fight to rest. Was Barrera distracted that's why he lost the first fight? Was Pacquiao
      lucky given those circumstances? And several other questions in the minds of
      both fans and fight experts alike.
      I don't mean to discredit your boy... but Barrera looked worse in that fight than any other fight I have ever seen him in (which is pretty limited: Morales I, II and III, Marquez, McKinney and Pacquiao, but still). He just didn't look like he could do anything. I think that notion makes the prospect of this fight a good one, unlike what a lot of people are saying about it.

Comment

Pacquiao gains nothing here except for the $$$. If he puts on an overwhelming Ko, theyre just gonna be saying Marco is beat, shot and was on the way to retirement. If Marco survives and salvages a decision loss, Pacquiao can only be critized for not finishing the job expected of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Ace View Post
          If Marco survives and salvages a decision loss, Pacquiao can only be critized for not finishing the job expected of him.
          Well you don't need to worry about that because Paquaio is gonna blast him lol

Comment

this fight is untimely... i think..

Comment

This is a good article. You should teach Ronnie how to write objectively. Pacquiao has everything to lose in this fight, only thing in it for him is money like the other guy said. For Barrera, he has everything to gain as the underdog. I hope for a good fight and no shady scoring by the judges.

Comment

pacquiao should have just fought JMM because he beat MAB before already.

Comment

i respect manny for giving marco a shot , then there will be no excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                    I don't mean to discredit your boy... but Barrera looked worse in that fight than any other fight I have ever seen him in (which is pretty limited: Morales I, II and III, Marquez, McKinney and Pacquiao, but still). He just didn't look like he could do anything. I think that notion makes the prospect of this fight a good one, unlike what a lot of people are saying about it.
                    Agree. I personally believe that aside from the money, both Pacquiao and Barrera need this fight to prove something. That's why I'm glad that this fight is happening. Its like putting a period to the first fight which begged a lot of questions to be answered.

Comment

Working...
                    X