Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats The Most Disciplined Diet/Behavior You've Been On/Done?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Intermittent fasting is f#cking amazing. I did it for awhile, when I was at my unhealthiest in life, & dropped like 60lbs in maybe 5-6 months. Crazy how well that works.

And I actually jumped on a only water to drink thing about a week ago myself. I had been paying attention to all the calories & bs in most of the stuff I drank for a couple months & decided I needed a change. Hopefully I can keep it up with the temptations all over the place.

I'd like to add a veggie regiment into that. I feel healthiest when I eat vegetarian, but I'm of the believe meat is needed & is good for you. I think we just over do it. Who the eff wants to eat 5oz of chicken when you can eat half a f#cking chicken soooooon....and therein lies my problem with meat products.
    I'm interested in this intermittent fasting. Is there a good website with information about it?

Comment

Kinda on one right now. Blew up in weight to about 225 last year (Im 6 feet) but I wanted to properly cut weight and not lose everything. Started replacing meals with healthier versions of what I already liked ( fried chicken became baked chicken , cheese burgers became lean beef burgers). Over time started incorporating high cardio than weight training into the my regiment. Also started adding vegan style meals into my own (I still eat meats but I wanted to limit over reliance on meats alone). Started getting my protein sources from fish and less from red meats( I dont get that bloated feeling from fish that I get from red meat.) I hang at around 160 now. Kinda stuck right now though . Trying to shed fat off my stomach ( and for the most part it worked with high volume crunches, leg raises, ab wheel, weighted sit up) but I can't remove that layer of water / fat that stores around the front.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
        I'm interested in this intermittent fasting. Is there a good website with information about it?
        I'm sure there are, but its not really that complicated. I learned about it initially from the Hodge Twins on Youtube who had or maybe still have a channel dedicated to it 3-4 years ago.

Basically all you need to do is decide on a eating window of ~6hrs or less & eat what you want or basically the same things you would eat normally. Than for that other ~18hrs or more only drink water. Thats the whole deal. Finding a eating window that works with your schedule might be the hardest part. I typically would do mine in the morning 10am-ish to whatever my eating window extended to at that time.

I think the basic gist of IF is that for millions of years the human body was in feast or famine mode eating when we could & what we are doing now in recent times with this 3 meals a day spread out bs isn't good for our bodies. Our bodies are basically digesting food 24/7 & ideally the body would rather be doing other things for itself than just eating & making **** all day long. Thats the long & short of it that I took away, but I'm sure there is some more eloquently spoken way of putting it or science friendlier way of saying it.
        Last edited by Eff Pandas; 12-09-2015, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I'm sure there are, but its not really that complicated. I learned about it initially from the Hodge Twins on Youtube who had or maybe still have a channel dedicated to it 3-4 years ago.

Basically all you need to do is decide on a eating window of ~6hrs or less & eat what you want or basically the same things you would eat normally. Than for that other ~18hrs or more only drink water. Thats the whole deal. Finding a eating window that works with your schedule might be the hardest part. I typically would do mine in the morning 10am-ish to whatever my eating window extended to at that time.

I think the basic gist of IF is that for millions of years the human body was in feast or famine mode eating when we could & what we are doing now in recent times with this 3 meals a day spread out bs isn't good for our bodies. Our bodies are basically digesting food 24/7 & ideally the body would rather be doing other things for itself than just eating & making **** all day long. Thats the long & short of it that I took away, but I'm sure there is some more eloquently spoken way of putting it or science friendlier way of saying it.
          So basically inside 6 hrs you can eat food, then fast for the remaining 18 hrs. Seems simple enough. I'll give it a try. Thanks, bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
            http://www.leangains.com/

Comment

Working...
            X