Nigel benn advises david haye to continue his boxing career – boxing news

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigel benn advises david haye to continue his boxing career – boxing news

Nigel Benn advises David Haye to continue his boxing career – Boxing news

Boxing legend Nigel Benn, who once held world titles at both Middleweight and Super Middleweight, has advised his compatriot David Haye to postpone his retirement plans as he wants him to regain his image.

The Hayemaker, Haye, who lost his WBA world heavyweight title recently through a unanimous points’ decision against the IBF, WBO, IBO and Ring Magazine world heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko, has plans to retire in October 2011.

It was one of the biggest bouts in the British history and Haye could not do any damage to the 6 ft and 6.5” Ukrainian giant. Therefore, he is being criticised a lot.

Nigel ‘The Dark Destroyer’ Benn reckons Haye should never retire after losing so badly. Benn believes that Haye, who has won 25 of his 27 fights including 23 by the way of a knockout, can still beat Wladimir.

The 47-year-old Benn, who won 42 of his 48 fights including 35 by the way of a knockout, stated David used the same tactics which he used against Nikolay Valuev. He said Wladimir is far superior to Valuev in all departments and therefore Haye should have come up with something different.

While speaking on his inclusion, Benn remarked, “There is no way David can retire on that performance. I am convinced he has the right tools to beat Wladimir and I just hope he can get a rematch. He must not walk away in defeat. We all know now David used the wrong tactics. It looked as if he was fighting the same fight he did against Nikolay Valuev, hitting and running but it was never going to work against a boxer who was far superior to Valuev.”

He added, “That's why I believe Dave should NOT walk away now - and why I believe he can win if there is a rematch.”

Let’s see whether the 30-year-old Londoner, Haye, who has plans to retire on his 31st birthday, postpones his plans or not.
Working...
X