• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Kell will come back to 147. Probably 154

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      I don't think Kell will come back to 147. Probably 154
      If there was anything at 154 for him, he'd already be there. Plus Kell didn't look great on his one notable foray at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        I don't see where else he can go after he loses to Golovkin.
        (You mean IF)

Hearn will look towards the Khan fight, but if that can't be made then Spence is the only fight out there.

Let's not forget, the reason Brook is moving up in first place is because he can't get a decent fight.
        Amir Khan super fight at 154lbs

He has options open the likely plan would be IF he loses would be both Khan and Brook fight on same card or near same date against a tune-up and then they follow up with a summer showdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo 13 View Post
          Brook actually beat Shawn Porter who is a proven elite fighter. Spence's best win is still Chris "the ****" Alqueeri, and you want to criticize Brook's competition?
          hahahahahahahaha

Comment

I think Brook will go to 154. He's struggled to make WW for years now and the big money fight there for him was Khan which seems to have fizzled out in terms of it happening anytime soon.

If he struggled to make WW, then he's going to find getting back to fighting shape at 147 even worse after fighting at 160.

Unless the Khan fight presents itself at 147, or one of the new guys like Spence suddenly becomes a huge money generator which is unlikely anytime very soon, i can't see why Brook goes back to 147.

Comment

Spence said in the interview that Brook's promo team had said that he didn't want the Brook fight and that he never said that.

High risk for Brook and he is not going to get paid what he wants to get paid for a fight like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo 13 View Post
                Brook actually beat Shawn Porter who is a proven elite fighter. Spence's best win is still Chris "the ****" Alqueeri, and you want to criticize Brook's competition?
                You got to be kidding, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  I don't see where else he can go after he loses to Golovkin.

Hearn will look towards the Khan fight, but if that can't be made then Spence is the only fight out there.

Let's not forget, the reason Brook is moving up in first place is because he can't get a decent fight.
                  Vargas wasn't a decent fight? Rios, Diego Chaves, and Devon Alexander weren't decent fights? Those are all the fights Brook has pulled out of.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Brook not coming back it doesn't make any sense to comeback to be honest and that is fine, maybe they can meet at 154 one day in the future because that is where I think Brook will go if he loses to GGG

IBF Title is for Spence Jr to take vs whoever has the BALLS to step in with him!
                    Hopefully Peterson. The sooner Brook vacates the sooner Spence can fight for the belt

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                    Nope, and why should he go down two weight divisions after challenging one of the most dangerous fighters around, ask yourself that.
                    If Brook is successful with his fight with Golovkin he will have bigger fish to fry with a Canelo super fight and a massive PPV clash with Amir Khan so cut your salt it's just one of those things Spence will likely fight for the vacated title against I dunno... the 2nd below him in the IBF rankings Konstantin Ponomarev or Jeff Horn.
                    I agree. So you agree Brook should vacate now and stop holding the belt hostage?

Comment

We won't see Brook fighting at 147 any more. He's simply too big and says he can't make the weight.

He'll either remain at 160 or possibly try the 154 division (perhaps to try and get a fight with Canelo).

Comment

Working...
                      X