No announcement yet.

Steve Jobs or Bill Gates?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Jobs or Bill Gates?

We all know Microsoft copied Apple and named it Windows. Gates become the riches man in the world.

Jobs got fired at apple but came back. Now he's on resurgence with iPod, IPhone etc. he's getting money from his ideas and technical knowhows....

Which is the greater man IYO?
    Steve Jobs
    31.58%
    Bill Gates
    68.42%

Billy G ALL DAY.

Comment

no contest.

Comment

Gill Gates hands down. The man pretty much raped and pillaged other software companies for the benefit of Microsoft in their early days. Microsoft was a beast with no leash and ate start up companies for breakfast, it took multiple countries and their governments to muzzle the beast and destroy the monopoly it had in the dot com era.

Today, Bill Gates is a philanthropist and one of the most generous donator in the world.

He makes $83.63 a second and makes $2.5+Billion a year.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
          Gill Gates hands down. The man pretty much raped and pillaged other software companies for the benefit of Microsoft in their early days. Microsoft was a beast with no leash and ate start up companies for breakfast, it took multiple countries and their governments to muzzle the beast and destroy the monopoly it had in the dot com era.

Today, Bill Gates is a philanthropist and one of the most generous donator in the world.

He makes $83.63 a second and makes $2.5+Billion a year.
          I agree. but his success is really centered on WINDOWS w/c he copied from jobs.

I give him full credit for the PC-DOS that he purchased and sold to IBM. But he practically robbed Jobs off that WINDOWS.

If he didnt get a hold of a MAC he might not come up with WINDOWS and possibly wont earn that much money.

MAC would be so much bigger if WINDOWS wasnt born.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky_balboa23 View Post
            no contest.

Technically Steve Jobs created Windows.

Comment

I wonder which way the thread starter leans...

luls

If you're going to make a poll and question either make it so absurd it's obviously a joke or make it as unbiased as possible. Not this kind of bull **** you posted.

As far as the "Greater Man" (interesting choice of words), it's Gates by a landslide. It has nothing to do with what work he has directly done on windows or the company; but merely his work as a philanthropist. Further, what modest respect I had for Steve Jobs virtually went out the window a week ago when he talked about the reason for not going with Flash on the iPad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt E Gomez View Post
                I wonder which way the thread starter leans...

luls

If you're going to make a poll and question either make it so absurd it's obviously a joke or make it as unbiased as possible. Not this kind of bull **** you posted.

As far as the "Greater Man" (interesting choice of words), it's Gates by a landslide. It has nothing to do with what work he has directly done on windows or the company; but merely his work as a philanthropist. Further, what modest respect I had for Steve Jobs virtually went out the window a week ago when he talked about the reason for not going with Flash on the iPad.

LOL

I havent made up my mind up to this point. That's why im interested in some of your opinions. (edit i lean a little on jobs)

Yeah Gates is a philantropist now because he has the money. What if he only has 10 Million dollars? will he donate some of it?

He literally robbed Jobs of the MAC OS..Is this true or not? pls answer it.

Comment

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
                  LOL

I havent made up my mind up to this point. That's why im interested in some of your opinions.

Yeah Gates is a philantropist now because he has the money. What if he only has 10 Million dollars? will he donate some of it?

He literally robbed Jobs of the MAC OS..Is this true or not? pls answer it.
                  Nope, apple and Steve Jobs stupidly allowed Microsoft to use their material by allowing them to purchase a liscense. They did so in Windows 3 and it took a poo on the competition.

Apple did similar to both xerox and.... and another company that escapes my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt E Gomez View Post
                    Nope, apple and Steve Jobs stupidly allowed Microsoft to use their material by allowing them to purchase a liscense. They did so in Windows 3 and it took a poo on the competition.

Apple did similar to both xerox and.... and another company that escapes my mind.
                    Yeah that's another way of putting it.

Xerox got the mouse technology which was rejected by IBM that's what Apple took from XEROX. Apple put some work and their own ideas in creating the MAC OS. While Microsoft copied the whole thing and just repacked it.

Comment

Working...
                    X