No announcement yet.

ESPN's Dan Rafael P4P List

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    It's a little better, but I would put Kovalev at top 2. I'm okay with Wlad being #1. I don't think GGG is top 5. But this list a bit better than the other 3 roaming around.
    ya i mean ring magazines p4p list is a joke anymore its so political its ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
      Ward at #2 is far more ******ed than Roman at #1

Golovkin should not be above Kovalev
      I can't understand, based on who has beaten who, how anyone can have GGG above Kovalev or Roman.

Comment

Dan doesn't know ******* about boxing...read his bio, the dude just randomly got put on covering local boxong for a local paper.. Had never watched it before, but got tasked with covering it... Now he acts like he is an expert and been watching for several decades, when in reality, he is a hack and only been watching for a very brief time

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
          im honestly ok with this list i can see how he would consider wlad number 1 p4p i mean people are trying use a loss from so long ago as reason hes not deserving. i mean im not huge on ggg being number 3 but i can also see why he would think that. its not like ggg wont get chance to prove it over next year or 2
          are they? i think they are using the fact that he has to cheat nonstop in his fights. yes he's winning but how is he winning? because he clinches nonstop and that shouldn't be allowed but since it is allowed do we have to pretend like it's not happening? i say no

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Dan doesn't know ******* about boxing...read his bio, the dude just randomly got put on covering local boxong for a local paper.. Had never watched it before, but got tasked with covering it... Now he acts like he is an expert and been watching for several decades, when in reality, he is a hack and only been watching for a very brief time
            That's not true at all. Dan was a huge fight fan as a kid and tell stories about following in college etc.

Comment

Here's my opinion: If Ward isn't on your P4P list, that's fine. He's fought twice in 3 years. I get it. But if he's on your list, he better be #1. Otherwise, your list is ****. Does anyone disagree?

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                That's not true at all. Dan was a huge fight fan as a kid and tell stories about following in college etc.
                Really, because he has stated before he has never seen a fight until the local paper he worked for tasked him to cover some local boxing.. From there he got hired by USA today, and from there espn...
                Either way the dude is a stooge, double talks, and really doesn't know boxing at all. The only reason anyone cares about him is because he is with espn.. He is a good source of information on upcoming fights because everyone leaks info to him because he is with espn, but his actual understanding of the sport is pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Really, because he has stated before he has never seen a fight until the local paper he worked for tasked him to cover some local boxing.. From there he got hired by USA today, and from there espn...
                  Either way the dude is a stooge, double talks, and really doesn't know boxing at all. The only reason anyone cares about him is because he is with espn.. He is a good source of information on upcoming fights because everyone leaks info to him because he is with espn, but his actual understanding of the sport is pathetic.
                  He's told the story in his chats about missing Tyson-Douglas and how etc. He'd maybe never been to one live but I know he watched younger. We've talked about it.

As to his analytical ability, I don't look to a reporter for X's and O's but he has a pretty good understanding of what he's watching and watches more fights than anyone I know outside Donovan.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                    He's told the story in his chats about missing Tyson-Douglas and how etc. He'd maybe never been to one live but I know he watched younger. We've talked about it.

As to his analytical ability, I don't look to a reporter for X's and O's but he has a pretty good understanding of what he's watching and watches more fights than anyone I know outside Donovan.
                    Ok, well I maybe your right, but I still think the dude is a fraud.. His coverage of WLad over the years has more flip flops than a politican.. And don't get me started on his expert opinion of Rigo. I honestly hink the guys in the history section are much better than Dan. Take away the espn credentials and the guy is nothing but your typical fanboy on boxingscene

Comment

Ranking Ward just to have an American on the list is shallow.

GGG ranking is fair I think pound for pound he's better than Kovalev.

Wladomir at #1 is okay but I wouldn't be mad if Gonzales got the position.

Manny is still top five.

Comment

Working...
                      X