Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL LOUNGE FIGHT DISCUSSION/RBR thread!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
    With that said, my thoughts for tonight's main event follows...

I think Cotto/Martinez is the definition of a 50/50 fight at this point in time. I see Martinez being heavily favored by stoppage and I'm scratching my head. A few years ago? Yeah, I can easily see Martinez being heavily favored to stop Cotto early. But with recent outings, multiple surgeries, and a year layoff - I'm not sure that the version of Martinez most people are expecting to show up even exists anymore.

That said, I favor Martinez in this fight very slightly, but not without some serious reservations and I'm not nearly confident enough in him to actually bet money on this.

Official prediction? Martinez via majority decision in a closely contested bout. I expect his knee to give him problems as the fight wears on, making the fight much closer than it would be if it were healthy.
    I see this fight similar to you. The main question is, can Martinez still use his legs to evade Cotto and soften Cotto up enough to take him out late? Cotto is excellent at cutting off the ring and if he is able to trap Martinez on the ropes enough, this could be a very long night for Martinez.

I think the 14 months of inactivity might be an advantage for Martinez. Old men need a lot of rest in between brutal fights and he could come back rejuvenated. All in all, I think Martinez brings it for one more fight and knocks Cotto out late. I have £10 on Martinez via KO at 11/4 just to make it a little more interesting.

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
    Martinez looks worse and worse with every fight. His body is shot. Not to mention he's been out of the ring for 14 months and he spent 9 of those months immobile after the surgeries.
    I hope you are wrong

Comment

I have Cotto winning a unanimous decision. I think we're going to see a reinvigorated Cotto with Freddy Roach and most importantly his new strength and conditioning coach Gavin MacMillan. MacMillan has Cotto in beast mode right now, it's going to show tonight.

Comment

I have Cotto winning a unanimous decision. I think we're going to see a reinvigorated Cotto with Freddy Roach and most importantly his new strength and conditioning coach Gavin MacMillan. MacMillan has Cotto in beast mode right now, it's going to show tonight.
        Miguel Cotto did look like a beast ripping through Delvin Rodriguez. However,we have to remember, that was Delving Rodriguez Cotto was fighting.

Comment

Rumor is he hasn't been sparring in preparation for this fight, either.

That can't be good. This is a world title defense against a top level fighter, not some tune up against a tomato can.

Wow, no sparring for the most skilled boxer he's ever fought

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
            Miguel Cotto did look like a beast ripping through Delvin Rodriguez. However,we have to remember, that was Delving Rodriguez Cotto was fighting.

Yea it was just Delvon but he got him out of there easy like he was supposed to. MacMillan's 10 week training camp with Cotto will show tonight.

Comment

IMHO I'm hoping Sergio's knee is bummed out. Cotto can't win if Sergio is healthy

I'm on my way to NYC for this, along with my brother and his drunken buddies

Comment

I like Martinez by stoppage.

Always a chance his body gives up, but Martinez is surely just too big for Cotto? That and cotto's tendency to bleed heavily makes me think a tko is likely.

Cottos best bet is to keep the pressure on, but i worry that he isn't good enough defensively to avoid the attacks of even a 40 year old Martinez,

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                  Easily, Martinez wins this. Not even close.
                  If he's even close to 100%, I can see him dominating every minute of every round.

But really, how confident are you in his thrice repaired knee? All bull**** between you and I aside, you were a boxer once upon a time, ever deal with serious knee problems?

Comment

Yea it was just Delvon but he got him out of there easy like he was supposed to. MacMillan's 10 week training camp with Cotto will show tonight.
                    Delvin fights with his hands down and chin up. He couldn't have been a more perfect opponent for Cotto to look great against.

I tend to look at Cotto's performance against Trout to gauge how Cotto will do against Martinez and the readings are not pretty.

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    IMHO I'm hoping Sergio's knee is bummed out. Cotto can't win if Sergio is healthy

I'm on my way to NYC for this, along with my brother and his drunken buddies
                    That is very cruel Beercules.

If he's even close to 100%, I can see him dominating every minute of every round.

But really, how confident are you in his thrice repaired knee? All bull**** between you and I aside, you were a boxer once upon a time, ever deal with serious knee problems?
                    Joint injuries are truly horrific and very hard to come back from. However, modern surgery techniques do work a treat on them.
                    Last edited by Adamjr91; 06-07-2014, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                      since this is the thread among buds, why dont one of you be a pal and link me when this fight starts
                      To the thread or to a stream?

Comment

Working...
                      X