Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 'Danny Garcia has a great resume' Myth.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    yeah agree with pretty much all of this, khan was a good win, even with his glass chin, swift did what many good fighters havent been able to do. Matthyse was a solid win although i was never that high on him, seen as judah and alexander beat him too. I know that a win is a win, but some of the fighters ive seen swift struggle with tell me that he would have a very hard time against the top dogs at welter
    Thus the cherrypicks and disappearances.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      Thus the cherrypicks and disappearances.
      yeah, peterson is a solid fighter but i think garcia must know that if hes going life and death with someone like that, hes not a true elite fighter himself

Comment

He has a better resume than alot of the people who get hyped daily around here. Just 2 good wins????? Smfh maybe he didnt win some of the fights decisivley but he has more than 2 good wins

Comment

his resume is better than golovkins and hes the most popular fighter currently on here

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            I'm nittpicking?? Your whole post/tread is nittpickery at it's finest. Listen to yourself, how the hell was Danny being outboxed and outclassed for only 2 rounds?? Khan is a very fast handed fighter. As soon as Danny got the timing down, Khan got splattered. It took only 2 rounds to do it. That's not Danny being outboxed and outclassed. That's Amir Khan getting exposed and (flatlined), like the poster, lol.
            Im not really sure what your point is, if you have any at all.

I have already said Khan and Mattysese are good wins with mattysese being the best win of his career and given him due credit for them.

so what's the problem? Danny exposed khan? are you new to boxing, Khan got knocked out in 10 seconds vs prescott years beforehand...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
              Im not really sure what your point is, if you have any at all.

I have already said Khan and Mattysese are good wins with mattysese being the best win of his career and given him due credit for them.

so what's the problem? Danny exposed khan? are you new to boxing, Khan got knocked out in 10 seconds vs prescott years beforehand...lol.
              Sooooooo, you didn't say Khan was "outboxing and outclassing' Danny?? I'm no longer a fan of Garcia. I'm not wasting my time defender a boxer who's clearly jumped of the take a challenge wagon. My point was Khan did nothing in the Garcia fight but start quick and get splattered early. I agree with a lot of points, except for the Khan thing, that's all.

Comment

Garcia being WW champ reminds me of Liam Smith being champ at 154 or BJS champ at 160. Throw a rock in the street these days and you might hit a World Champ.

Comment

I keep hearing this, i think most of the people that say this are boxrec boxing fan's. They see a name and think ' that's a good win', without taking into account how past prime or washed up or old a fighter is

a quick breakdown:

Eric Morrales X2 - Obviously way past his prime and at the end of his career and fighting only for one last payday(s)

Zab Judah - Same story as above, nearly 10 year's past his prime and at the end of his career.

Amir Khan - lost nearly every round until he found Khan's china, good win.

Lucas Matthysese - was the underdog coming in, won a close fight but still a good win and the best win of his career- both fighter's were never the same again, Danny pissed blood for weeks after this fight and his eardrum was perforated. While Mattysese's eye seems to be a career ender for him.

Herrera - Herrera is tricky boxer with decent skills and schooled danny, clearly won the fight and Danny get's the gift decision. Herrera later loses every single round to Frankie Gomez
                  First loss of Garcia's career.

Rod Salka - One of the most disgusting mismatches of recent year's in boxing.

Lamont Peterson - Very close fight, Danny tell's Lamont at the end of the fight that ' you won '.
                  Danny get's the decision.

Paulie - Again same story as judah, morrales etc, look's like a decent name on paper, when in reality paulie is at the end of his career.

Guerrero - Garcia fight's a guy who most boxing fan's notice has declined massively and look's washed up.
                  Guerrero get's dropped and beaten by Journeyman with 4 KO's Aaron Martinez and get's a debatable SD prior to fighting Garcia.
                  His next fight he get's dropped again and loses to a cab driver.

In conclusion Danny Garcia has 2 good win's.

danny was beating khan on the cards, by a lot, when that fight was stopped.

khan went down very hard in the 3rd, making it a 10-8 danny round. and he was down twice in the 4th. did you give khan those rounds ?

resume and p4p lists are different things. danny does have a good resume. it's not a great resume, but it is a good one. danny gets a lot of hate, and rightfully so, because of his recent matchmaking, and his regard for the fans.

just listen to this cringeworthy interview from his dad:

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
                    Garcia being WW champ reminds me of Liam Smith being champ at 154 or BJS champ at 160. Throw a rock in the street these days and you might hit a World Champ.
                    Liam smith took on a huge challenge in accepting the Canelo fight, whereas Garcia turned down a career high payday against an ancient pacman.

Comment

I keep hearing this, i think most of the people that say this are boxrec boxing fan's. They see a name and think ' that's a good win', without taking into account how past prime or washed up or old a fighter is

a quick breakdown:

Eric Morrales X2 - Obviously way past his prime and at the end of his career and fighting only for one last payday(s)

Zab Judah - Same story as above, nearly 10 year's past his prime and at the end of his career.

Amir Khan - lost nearly every round until he found Khan's china, good win.

Lucas Matthysese - was the underdog coming in, won a close fight but still a good win and the best win of his career- both fighter's were never the same again, Danny pissed blood for weeks after this fight and his eardrum was perforated. While Mattysese's eye seems to be a career ender for him.

Herrera - Herrera is tricky boxer with decent skills and schooled danny, clearly won the fight and Danny get's the gift decision. Herrera later loses every single round to Frankie Gomez
                      First loss of Garcia's career.

Rod Salka - One of the most disgusting mismatches of recent year's in boxing.

Lamont Peterson - Very close fight, Danny tell's Lamont at the end of the fight that ' you won '.
                      Danny get's the decision.

Paulie - Again same story as judah, morrales etc, look's like a decent name on paper, when in reality paulie is at the end of his career.

Guerrero - Garcia fight's a guy who most boxing fan's notice has declined massively and look's washed up.
                      Guerrero get's dropped and beaten by Journeyman with 4 KO's Aaron Martinez and get's a debatable SD prior to fighting Garcia.
                      His next fight he get's dropped again and loses to a cab driver.

In conclusion Danny Garcia has 2 good win's.
                      Name 5 active fighters who clearly have a better resume.....i'll wait......

Comment

Working...
                      X