Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has Lucas Matthyse done to make him an elite fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucas is a true warrior...

Got that one punch knockout ability

Got power in both hands

Solid chin

And good all around boxing skills

Easily the best 140lb fighter

Comment

Instead of creating a straw man argument to indirectly favor the fighter you support, let's just agree that Garcia/Peterson/Matthysse are on the same level and let them fight it out to see if one can separate himself from the pack.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post

That guy has abnormally small hands reminds me of that burger king commercial.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Instead of creating a straw man argument to indirectly favor the fighter you support, let's just agree that Garcia/Peterson/Matthysse are on the same level and let them fight it out to see if one can separate himself from the pack.
          How dare you make sense?!? This is NSB, if you don't like a fighter, THEY SUCK!

Comment

Sir, great post. More like this from others please.

Comment

I can tell y'all one thing, those guys who keep talking about and thinking the hype or Matthysse's signature win comes from the Dallas Jr fight have never seen Matthysse fight before. AND definitely never watched the Alexander or Judah fight.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Hiei View Post
                What has Garcia done to be elite?
                Zab Judah - Ranked 4th at 140
                Erick Morales - WBC Champion ranked in the top 10
                Amir Khan - Ranked 1st at 140
                Nate Cambell
                Kendal Holt

Thats a solid resume for a 25 year old kid.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  I can tell y'all one thing, those guys who keep talking about and thinking the hype or Matthysse's signature win comes from the Dallas Jr fight have never seen Matthysse fight before. AND definitely never watched the Alexander or Judah fight.

In reality it's both. Dallar JR was chinny and isn't a great fighter but Matthysse can box his ass off too judging by the Ajose and Soto fight, he pretty much adjusts to any style. IMO Danny and Matthysse are similar in many ways but Matthysse is stronger and has great stamina. They're speeds are about the same though. I gotta admit, Garcia looked a little bit quicker on saturday but not by much. I don't think he'll get any quicker than where he is now.

Comment

Agreed. But lets not act like the majority of posters on here don't d ride Mathysse to no end. Mathysse beats everybody @140 by brutal ko and garcia can't hold his jock strap is the response you would get from 80% of the posters on here. Most people who "defend" garcia myself included aren't even saying he would definitely beat Matt's they are just saying its not a foregone conclusion that he would lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiei

What has Garcia done to be elite?

Zab Judah - Ranked 4th at 140
                      Erick Morales - WBC Champion ranked in the top 10
                      Amir Khan - Ranked 1st at 140
                      Nate Cambell
                      Kendal Holt

Thats a solid resume for a 25 year old kid.
                      There it is... Garcia is an elite fighter. I guess that makes Broner elite too.

Comment

Working...
                      X