Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's an idea to make Thurman more marketable for Floyd.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thurman needs to launch a hostile takeover of lottery soda

Comment

• Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
      Same mistake? By the time Floyd's really old, he's not gonna fight Thurman....
      Canelo wasn't even in his prime when he fought Mayweather. Thurman is showing great improvements each fight. I'd rather see him improve a bit more and fight better competition before he fights money. Floyd would fight thurman in a year or 2 from now imo. Fight would be worth $$$ if thurman keeps winning convincingly.

Comment

• Originally posted by robust_ View Post
        Canelo wasn't even in his prime when he fought Mayweather. Thurman is showing great improvements each fight. I'd rather see him improve a bit more and fight better competition before he fights money. Floyd would fight thurman in a year or 2 from now imo. Fight would be worth $$$ if thurman keeps winning convincingly.
        So basically, we get maybe 2 Floyd fights a year. Regardless of what you feel about him, he's the biggest draw in boxing, and his fights are events.

You're cool with a Khan fight? I'm talking just off the basis that it's Khan. Not that he beat some other top WW. Only because it's Khan.

Literally the only big events in boxing are Manny, Floyd, Canelo (no one really anticipates his fights like Manny or Floyd), Cotto (same as Canelo).
        Last edited by BUNGALOWS; 03-20-2014, 06:56 PM.

Comment

So basically, we get maybe 2 Floyd fights a year. Regardless of what you feel about him, he's the biggest draw in boxing, and his fights are events.

You're cool with a Khan fight? I'm talking just off the basis that it's Khan. Not that he beat some other top WW. Only because it's Khan.

Literally the only big events in boxing are Manny, Floyd, Canelo (no one really anticipates his fights like Manny or Floyd), Cotto (same as Canelo).
          I'm not sure how this is responsive to what I posted. I'm just saying that I agree that Thurman deserves the fight just as much as anyone, but unlike the other dudes you mentioned (ortiz, guerrero, maidana), he's actually improving a decent amount each fight and is adding wrinkles to his game. So, even though he arguably deserves the fight, I'd like to see him continue to grow at the rate he is growing (unlike guerrero/maidana/ortiz) because I want to see him win. I'd rather see him in the best position to win over him deserving the fight sooner than he's ready imo.

Comment

You see, that's so stupid. Why is Khan predetermined as an opponent? Why not make him earn it like Maidana?

Broner was the attraction, and Maidana beat him. Now people are interested in seeing that fight. Why can't Khan fight someone like Thurman or Porter, and the winner of that gets the next shot at Floyd?

Even Canelo had to earn it with Trout.
            All of those guys (Canelo, Khan, Maidana) have substantial and established fanbases. I don't think Thurman or Porter has anywhere close to that yet and a win against Khan won't bring that just yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by bungalows View Post
              homie, thurman might not ever be ready for floyd. It doesn't matter if he's ready for floyd. He's more ready than maidana. Canelo fought floyd at 23 or something. Life goes on.

Nothing's guaranteed for tomorrow. You can't act like floyd won't get a career ending injury, or he just up and decides to retire.

If you have khan fight floyd now, and he gets his ass kicked beyond belief, how the hell do you market thurman or porter?

There aren't any cash cows like khan at ww. And you already know they're not gonna make thurman/porter vs danny.

I mean ****, guerrero got the floyd fight for beating aydin and berto. Ortiz got it for beating berto! Wtf!
              keith thurman has not faced better oposition than marcos maidana has . I repeat keith thurman has not faced better oposition than marcos maidana has.

No , keith thurman is not ready for floyd mayweather yet , he needs to fight at least two elite fighters before a match with mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                because floyd is about the money, and fighting khan would get him lots of money. if khan loses again especially if he gets kod, the fights scrapped. fighting thurman could get him hurt, and a floyd-thurman fight is obviously not marketable to gbp. or else they would be moving keith faster by now
                Floyd will get 900K buys if he fought a Tupac Hologram....

As for Thurman vs Khan.....say what you want but Thurman would have to KO Khan to win.....seems easy enough....but I believe he will be down on the cards when it happens.

Comment

• Fighting Thurman is a step backwards. Collazo or Guerrero are established names who have won world titles.

So why didnt Maidana fight Thurman a year or so back?

Comment

• Thurman should fight more than 3 times per year, and travel.
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 03-20-2014, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X