Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Cleto Reyes gloves be banned from boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Khasekhemwy View Post
    Now let's talk about these ''horse-hair'' gloves. A lot of people criticised Floyd for refusing to fight Maidana who tried wearing gloves that visibly had very little padding in the fist portion of the glove.

Is it any coincidence that many of these fighters with strange power happen to wear these gloves??? Golovkin is known to wear horse hair gloves and Rosado pointed out that being punched by him felt like a bare knuckle hitting his face due to the lack of padding.. Pacquiao was known for wearing the Cleto Reyes gloves when he knocked down the likes of Cotto and Mosley..

People forget that Maidana's first pair of gloves WERE NOT APPROVED by the commission, and the second pair had visibly less padding around the fist area than your standard American made glove.

In a time where we have more knowledge about brain injuries, where people are having their lives ruined by tragedies in this sport, I believe that this topic requires some further looking into..

It's only right that fighters should be operating on an even playing field, Floyd wears gloves that are manufactured in America and have a visible amount of padding around the fist area, in many of these foreign countries where the regulations are a lot more lax you're bound to find less regulated gloves. Personally I believe their should be a minimum amount of padding around the fist area and if the gloves don't meet that requirement they should not be approved.
    Mayweather wears winning and grant. Grant made in mexico and Winnings made in japan..

Comment

I don't know about banning them completely, but just the fact that an investigation was warranted in regards to Chino's gloves is a cause for concern. Who tampered with those gloves? Was it Everlast? Was it someone from Chino's camp? Those MX Everlast gloves are manufactured in Mexico I believe, just like Cleto Reyes. They are both horse hair gloves and are considered punchers gloves. Now I'm not prejudice or anything, but I know for a fact that people don't brag about products made from foreign countries. In fact, here in the US it's a common occurrence that products that are shipped here from China are either fake, a rip off, cheap, and easily broken or tampered with. Same goes for products made and manufactured in Mexico.

The gloves Floyd wears are made in the US like TS stated, they are a reputable company and have maintained solidarity in the glove manufacturing business for many years. That's not to say Everlast hasn't done the same, but the quality control of their sub-products, such as the "MX" glove, should be looked at.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
        I don't know about banning them completely, but just the fact that an investigation was warranted in regards to Chino's gloves is a cause for concern. Who tampered with those gloves? Was it Everlast? Was it someone from Chino's camp? Those MX Everlast gloves are manufactured in Mexico I believe, just like Cleto Reyes. They are both horse hair gloves and are considered punchers gloves. Now I'm not prejudice or anything, but I know for a fact that people don't brag about products made from foreign countries. In fact, here in the US it's a common occurrence that products that are shipped here from China are either fake, a rip off, cheap, and easily broken or tampered with. Same goes for products made and manufactured in Mexico.

The gloves Floyd wears are made in the US like TS stated, they are a reputable company and have maintained solidarity in the glove manufacturing business for many years. That's not to say Everlast hasn't done the same, but the quality control of their sub-products, such as the "MX" glove, should be looked at.
        All Grant gloves are made in Mexico

Comment

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post

Grants are made in mexico

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
            All Grant gloves are made in Mexico
            Props you owned him.

He been owned again lmfao!

this dude is dumb as hell lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
              Props you owned him.

He been owned again lmfao!

this dude is dumb as hell lmfao
              Dude makes it easy... He's either a moron or a pretty bad troll.

Anyways, just to further drive my point, here's a pic of Floyd's fight gloves. Check out where they made

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Torreo View Post
                That pharaoh guy is a booty dew alt? I knew booty dew was a troll but the pharaoh guys is juts terrible and clearly has an agenda
                Its easy to tell its him. Booty Dew used to make 5 threads a day. Same as the pharaoh guy and this guy. Its a no brainer.

Comment

dude shut the **** up the cleto reyes glove been around this is a stupid thread the dumbest i've seen

Comment

Wow this fool is posting in his own threads with two alts. Lol ****ing sad.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      Wow this fool is posting in his own threads with two alts. Lol ****ing sad.
                      Sounds like you're imagining things b1tch...

I see you got that hype job in your sig... he got whooped by my boy Matthysse.

Comment

Working...
                      X