Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it fair to say that the Eye was a big factor in the Matthysse Garcia fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it fair to say that the Eye was a big factor in the Matthysse Garcia fight

Comments ...
    Yes
    72.00%
    No
    28.00%

The poll is expired.

At first I thought it was the eye that was the biggest factor. Then I'll admit, I got caught up in the Danny love, so I told myself it wasn't.

But let's be real. It was.

Comment

Before the eye, Matthysse was taking control, after the eye he fell behind by a few rounds and then he started coming on strong again near the end of the fight. There was a reason why Danny wasn't interested in a rematch.

Comment

yes, since it wasn't a legit punch, lucas was outboxing garcia in the first 5 rounds

Comment

The eye was caused by a punch. So I would say that its fair to say Matthysse getting punched in the face was a big factor in that fight whereas Herrera slipping and blocking punches allowed him to be successful.

Comment

The eye that got punched in a boxing match? Cmon son.

Comment

Garcia hit him with the one inch punch

Comment

Not this BS again..

Comment

You guys still crying about the phantom punch lol. It closed cause Danny was hitting that punching bag all night get over it

Comment

Its not like Matthysse was dominating before the swelling. Danny was boxing him well.

Anyway, that fight showed that Matthysse wasn't the unstoppable Juggernaut people made him out to be. I would be interested in seeing a rematch considering how much hype the fight got. Then again, if Matthysse was "screaming" for a rematch, I'm unaware of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X