Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guilty Pleasure: The Countdown To Margarito-Cotto Is On (Good Article)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
    Forgot to mention, the article also states that Cotto believes Margarito loaded his gloves against him. Why is Cotto contradicting himself?
    Did Cotto himself say it in this article or did the writer get the impression Cotto thinks the plaster was in play?

I refuse to read that shet once I saw he was hyping Martinez V Barker.... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
      So you don't think Cotto has amassed a HoF worthy ledger? Or at least close enough?

I personally think he's on the fringes and if he can win impressively against the guy that popped his cherry, his only loss that isn't answered for is against Pacman and if his career when its all said and done features only a loss to Pacquaio, I'd say he'd had a pretty good career.

Who else can he beat outside of Pacquaio or Mayweather that would get him into the HoF, why not the guy that took him out?
      I think Cotto is already a HOF the guy has done much more than some of the guys that are in. He is a 3 weight division champion and has fought the very best of his era except Mayweather who ducked him. I think this fight means more in terms of his standing among the best of his era and his standing among the greatest Puerto Rican boxers of all time.

Comment

Cotto is a people's champion, a man's man, and definitely a hall of famer. If we didn't have Pacquiao and Mayweather hogging all the attention, no one would question whether he was HOF worthy or not.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
          I think Cotto is already a HOF the guy has done much more than some of the guys that are in. He is a 3 weight division champion and has fought the very best of his era except Mayweather who ducked him. I think this fight means more in terms of his standing among the best of his era and his standing among the greatest Puerto Rican boxers of all time.
          cotto is a throwback warrior.. faced all the contenders and the best of his generation. best wishes to him..

unifying the 154 would generally put him on the discussion with tito.. because other holders were mexican and we all know how great the fight would be against this two nation.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
            So you don't think Cotto has amassed a HoF worthy ledger? Or at least close enough?

I personally think he's on the fringes and if he can win impressively against the guy that popped his cherry, his only loss that isn't answered for is against Pacman and if his career when its all said and done features only a loss to Pacquaio, I'd say he'd had a pretty good career.

Who else can he beat outside of Pacquaio or Mayweather that would get him into the HoF, why not the guy that took him out?
            Nope, neither has Margarito. I think he needs like 3 or so very good wins to be in there. My opinion. Can he do it? Probably if he doesn't lose to Margarito on Dec 3.

Originally posted by LaMigra View Post
            Did Cotto himself say it in this article or did the writer get the impression Cotto thinks the plaster was in play?

I refuse to read that shet once I saw he was hyping Martinez V Barker.... LOL
            Well Cotto did tell the media about pictures on his phone correct? Dude is contradicting himself, I understand no one is perfect but dude needs to stick to what he TRULY thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
              Are you truly serious about this? Like I said, you Cotto stans amaze me sometimes, I honestly think you guys are above *******s/*****s. Who were the very best of the era besides Pac? Yes he did beat Mosley but that is his biggest win, if you look at the whole thing, beating Malignaggi type boxers isn't anything special.

DLH is a 6 division champion and Tito was 3. Does that make Oscar a much greater boxer?

FYI, Cotto ducked Mayweather at 140 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                Are you truly serious about this? Like I said, you Cotto stans amaze me sometimes, I honestly think you guys are above *******s/*****s.

DLH is a 6 division champion and Tito was 3. Does that make Oscar a much greater boxer?

FYI, Cotto ducked Mayweather at 140 as well.
                PBF : but cotto lives in Puerto Rico..

we all know that fight didn't happen because of pbf's hate towards toprank fighters coz of arum..

cotto never duck pbf as far as i can remember.

Comment

Working...
                X