No announcement yet.

Hozumi Hasegawa Moving Up to 126 For WBC Title Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hozumi Hasegawa Moving Up to 126 For WBC Title Shot

Looks like unbeaten #1 rated WBC featherweight Juan Carlos Burgos (25-0, 18 KOs) of Tijuana, Mexico will get his long awaited opportunity at a world title. Burgos will take on former world champion Hozumi Hasegawa (28-3, 12 KOs) of Japan November 26 in Tokyo, Japan for the WBC featherweight title. Burgos turned professional at the age of 16 in his native Tijuana under the guidance of manager Roberto Sandoval. Though only 22 years of age now he heads to Japan a very seasoned professional. http://www.fight news.com/Boxing/burgos-hasegawa-nov-26-59946

Hasegawa moving up 2 weight classes is a surprise to me and fighting for the WBC title against Burgos and not Rojas even more. I know Rojas is injured, but not enough for him to get moved to emeritus or whatever the **** the stupid sanc. org. did. And interim title at stake at best. Burgos looks pretty good, so it's no gimme for Hasegawa though.

So he's going to get a title shot in a division he has never fought in coming off of a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
      So he's going to get a title shot in a division he has never fought in coming off of a loss.
      Yep, a knockout loss at that. The really shouldn't say I'm surprised at whatever those trash corrupt ******* sanctioning bodies do.

Him skipping 2 divisions definitely surprises me though and I've been hearing about this Burgos kid fighting for a mandatory shot at the 126 lb. title. Let's see what happens, Hasegawa winning would be perfect because I don't see him beating Rojas by anything other than robbery.

Comment

Burgos is a bad ass this is no walk in the park for Hase

Comment

not sure if moving up two divisions to face Burgos is the best thing to do after coming off a KO loss

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
            Honestly, who cares?

I completely disregard the sanctioning bodies.

Its a good fight, its all that matters.

Comment

Definitely not, Burgos is young, undefeated, and hungry to go along with his ability.

Hasegawa will probably be tentative coming off his KO loss, but HH didn't get manhandled in the fight and he probably thinks it was because he was weight drained, so he might be able to shake it off.

Comment

Then the winner faces the new silver WBC champ JuanMa after he beats Rafa, so JuanMa and Gamboa can fight for all the FW marbles.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                  Definitely not, Burgos is young, undefeated, and hungry to go along with his ability.

Hasegawa will probably be tentative coming off his KO loss, but HH didn't get manhandled in the fight and he probably thinks it was because he was weight drained, so he might be able to shake it off.
                  in all honesty he was beating Hot Pants Montiel pretty easily until he got caught

Comment

126 & 154 is definitely the future...

guys competing there are very fortunate to have a weight division so deep... anyone of these guys definitely can make a mark if they collect quality wins from each other...

im picking rigondeaux @ 126 and lara @ 154 to dominate!

i hope rigondeaux & hasegawa cross paths in the future... that should be exciting...

Comment

Working...
                    X