No announcement yet.

NRL 2010 Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
    I think he's starting to slip a bit now as well. Just a few things I noticed in his game towards the end of last session made me wonder how much longer he was going to go on for.
    To be fair he's been on the slip for 2 or 3 years now. The problem is his pace has gone now and that was what made him so deadly at the line. Without that a lot of his threat has been taken away. Still a class player though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
      That makes no sense.

I don't know what everyone expects of the Broncos. We did well to make the preliminary final with that list.
      I'm not saying they didn't go good last year.They did.
      I'm just saying that last minute loss in 2008 would have broken their backs.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_great View Post
        I'm not saying they didn't go good last year.They did.
        I'm just saying that last minute loss in 2008 would have broken their backs.
        It hurt at the time, a lot, but I don't think it made a material difference to how we went in 09 to be honest.

Comment

another thing I have to say about the Bronco is that I think Peter Wallace is a bit of a weakness. I don't really rate him a halfback at all.

I was watching a game from 08 on fox last night and his game bugged me.

I just think with a better half you guys would be much better off

Comment

another thing I have to say about the Bronco is that I think Peter Wallace is a bit of a weakness. I don't really rate him a halfback at all.

I was watching a game from 08 on fox last night and his game bugged me.

I just think with a better half you guys would be much better off
            I have never rated Wallace and I agree that he hurts us badly. He had a good month or so when he first came and since then people believe he can do no wrong. That is a bit of a problem up here, the press and fans just worship the players too much - they can't see when they are just plain bad. Carlaw was another example of that.

Tim Smith is supposed to be training the house down and he might be starting for us in our trial match on Saturday night. We also have a very promising young half back named Ben Hunt who played very well for the 20s.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
              I have never rated Wallace and I agree that he hurts us badly. He had a good month or so when he first came and since then people believe he can do no wrong. That is a bit of a problem up here, the press and fans just worship the players too much - they can't see when they are just plain bad. Carlaw was another example of that.

Tim Smith is supposed to be training the house down and he might be starting for us in our trial match on Saturday night. We also have a very promising young half back named Ben Hunt who played very well for the 20s.
              I'm glade you could see that as well. I will be keeping an eye on him, I don't think he is NSW Origin material as well.

Comment

I'm glade you could see that as well. I will be keeping an eye on him, I don't think he is NSW Origin material as well.
                I always loved it when you guys picked him. Made it a great deal easier for us.

Comment

So what's the general consensus on the Storm this season guys?
                  Can we do it again, or are we to begin a downward spiral?
                  I think Dallas Johnson will leave a big hole.

Broncos should have thrown the kitchen sink at either Prince, Thurston or Cronk. All are way better than Wallace.

Comment

Originally posted by woftam View Post

Broncos should have thrown the kitchen sink at either Prince, Thurston or Cronk. All are way better than Wallace.
                    im not sur eif storm will lose for a long time, cause they are so well coached that no matter wat players they lose they will always b so hard to beat and will b contenders

liek all great teams before them, the downward spiral wont start until some1 figures them out and dominates them and all others follow suit

Comment

Originally posted by woftam View Post

At the time we didn't really have a kitchen sink to throw mate.

The Storm will be very tough again as normal. They will be right up there come the business end of the season.

Comment

Working...
                      X