Religious people! Come in here!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
    I'm not religious. But this is moronic because:

To an OMNIPOTENT FORCE with LIMITLESS POWER, creating this universe "just for **** sapiens" takes infinitely less effort than it takes you to fart or yawn.

DUH.

Moreover, these are imponderables that have been debated by greatest minds of our species for millenia. The fact that would post about it on a MESSAGE BOARD says more about your intelligence, or lack thereof, than it does about "religious people".
    So you are of the opinion that there is no other lifeforms in the universe?

Or you are saying that 'god' may just have created this universe all for us? What point are you trying to get across?

The scenario you are trying to paint is highly improbable as scientists have predicted there may be up to 38,000 intelligent civilisations in our Galaxy alone.

Comment

I am not a religious person but I do know one thing for sure: Human knowledge and understanding is extremely limited and miniscule. To put a god inside our little box and try to analyze and reason from that perspective is futile in my opinion.

Comment

Its very naive to call it one way or the other as there is no true answer. I hate 'know it all atheists' much as i hate religious nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jambo boy View Post
          How is that not making fun? That is exactly what it is.

Very christian of you, I'm sure Jesus would be proud.
          Actually I was laughing because I've never heard anyone say that before. But way to rush to judgement, nice one.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
            I am not a religious person but I do know one thing for sure: Human knowledge and understanding is extremely limited and miniscule. To put a god inside our little box and try to analyze and reason from that perspective is futile in my opinion.
            So we should give up trying?

Sounds like a great way to further our understanding of the universe in which we live. Just give up because we are too dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by dodmoor View Post
              Its very naive to call it one way or the other as there is no true answer. I hate 'know it all atheists' much as i hate religious nuts.
              I'm not an atheist, I just don't see how praying to god is going to fix anything.

The earth is pretty minuscule in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                Actually I was laughing because I've never heard anyone say that before. But way to rush to judgement, nice one.
                So you greet ideas that you have never heard of before (even if they are well established beliefs) by laughing at them?

Way to rush to judgement, nice one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jambo boy View Post
                  So we should give up trying?

Sounds like a great way to further our understanding of the universe in which we live. Just give up because we are too dumb.
                  I think we absolutely should give up using human reasoning and knowledge/science trying to "prove" god yes because of how weak and limited it is.

Faith is a different story. It is not rooted in human knowledge and understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                    Wow, a religious nut giving no explanation. Just as I expected.

Why does god care about you? Why does he have to care about you for you to be alive? Have you seen the size of the Universe? You think that humans are the centre of the universe and god only cares about them?

You sound very brainwashed, try and take the blinkers off and think for yourself.
                    So i'm a religious nut cause I talked about God? It seems as if you're the one brainwashed my friend. In what is it that I said that was religious? Do you even know what the word means? I'm not religious at all dude. Do I believe in God, of course I do. Do I believe in his written word which is called the Bible, of course. Just because you're trying to find your reasons to reject God(much like the rest of the world) doesn't make him any less real. Do I think we are the only ones in the universe, yes. Aside from God, his angels, the devil, demons. Why do I think God cares about me? I think that question in and of itself is dumb. That's like saying why do your parents care about you, or why would you care about your kid. He cares because He mad you.

Comment

I find it amazing that the same people that study evolution and the human brain can argue for the non-existance of a god.

The soul inside you, your emotions and your feelings might be just eletric impulses but nevertheless they are way to complex and simply fantastic so be a creation entire out of coincidence. I donīt believe in god but find total atheists to be ignorant and small-minded.

Comment

Working...
                      X