Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Steve Smoger/Kenny Bayless have deducted 2 points?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted NO because that's most likely the case, that they wouldn't have taken two points.

which I have to say that any and all refs should be calling those type tactics, especially how BLATANT khan was in doing them.

he would pull a thai clinch and look to the ref to break them up, he held for dear life and looked for the ref to break them up, it was pathetic that he is a world champ, was a world champ and that is his defense he MOST relied upon the whole fight.
    khans' stock went down in my book.

seriously, khan was trying to leap up and pull peterson down all fight long, bottom line he fought the wrong fight, and relied on the ref to do his bidding in stopping the action whenever khan felt like holding, or pulling petersons head down.

it seemed like every left hook khan threw ended up in him trying to crank petersons head down, not the normal throw the hook, cup the head and push the head out the way, it was more like every let hook khan threw was designed to end up in a tie up situation until the ref omes in and resets the fighters..... it's bullcrap and I am finally glad a ref followed the rules and actually refereed the fight.....

if khan isnt' allowed those tactics, he more than likely gets stopped by any top fighter in and around his weight.....

Comment

The REAL question is would they have let Khan off with about 50 constant warnings about:

-headlocking
      -holding behind the neck
      -tripping and elbowing
      -pushing like a playground kid instead of boxing his way out of the inside
      -turning his back when he got to the ropes
      -hitting on the break

,before they actually give the man a penalty.

Remember, all a ref needs to do is tell you three times to stop fouling before he SHOULD take away points from you.

The ref aint a babysitter. He's not supposed to have to tell you to stop fouling EVERY second of every round.

Not even B-Hop fights so consistently trashy like Khan did that night.

Anyone who actually cares about boxing should be happy Khan was not allowed to do what he was doing because it was ugly as hell to watch and was not good for boxing at all.

Anyone who sticks up for that trash aint no fan of boxing.

Comment

It doesn't matter. Khan was warned various times to stop with the pushing and pulling down. He ignored the warnings so he only has himself to blame for the point deductions.

Comment

Working...
        X