Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The difference between Kovalev and GGG...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weighed 172 doe

Comment

Both want to fight the best in their division and unify the belts. Same in that respect.

GGG gets called a duck for not fighting men in a higher division, and Kovalev doesn't. Different in that respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1836 View Post
        oh please, the only reason kovavlev has a better resume is that the 175 opponents arent *******. You know It, kovalev knows it, and I know it. Im not seeing kovalev calling out the crusierweights right now do you?
        You want him to jump from 175 to 200?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Both want to fight the best in their division and unify the belts. Same in that respect.

GGG gets called a duck for not fighting men in a higher division, and Kovalev doesn't. Different in that respect.
          160 to 168 = 8lbs
          175 to 200 = 25 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsupreme87 View Post
            Kovalev isn't afraid to fight the "slick" style.(...)

GGG on the other hand, wants no parts of Andre Ward or Lara. He's afraid of that slick boxing style because he knows how inexistant his defense is. He knows he'll get exposed. If only GGG had the heart and courage of Kovalev....
            Golovkin will take both Lara and Ward in due time... GGG, it seems, is fighting the IBF champ Lemieux next... I hope that GGG fight Lara early 2016, while Ward has to fight somebody of notice first... (But one never knows when Ward turns his back to the crowd again, right?)...

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              Not to mention that Kovalev already outslicked a master slickster in Hops.

KKK >>>> GGG

Kovalev is easily the more proven fighter, Golovkin is just marketed better.
              Tell me how Kovalev is better than Golovkin when Kovalev got dropped by a body shot from GGG in sparring?

Comment

The difference between them is that Kovalev was willing to take the risks and the short end of the stick to make his name, where Golovkin seemingly isn't.

Hopefully this crap with the purse bid doesn't mean Kovalev will play this same game now that he made his name and grabbed the division.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
                  Tell me how Kovalev is better than Golovkin when Kovalev got dropped by a body shot from GGG in sparring?
                  It's sparring. Not a real fight.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
                    OK by your logic. Henry cooper>>>>>>>>Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      It's sparring. Not a real fight.
                      Tell me how it would be different in a real fight then? He got dropped from a bodyshot with 16oz gloves from GGG! K2 have talked about the fight in the future, and I think Golovkin stops him in it!

You also said the difference is Kovalev is willing to take the short end of the stick to make fights happen, tell me when he has done that? Because he wasn't willing to do it for Adonis Stevenson, the lineal champion of the division!

Now I'm a fan of both GGG and Kovalev but to me the difference between the two of them is that Kovalev is how they react to taking punches! Kovalev always seems bothered by punches, even against guys like Nathan Cleverly who are light punchers! That's the reason the Stevenson fight is so interesting!

Comment

Working...
                      X