Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, was Cotto washed up all year or only after Trout beat him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sin City View Post
    you guys are such fan boys that you can't look at a fight or fighter rationally.Cotto looked great against Mayweather, even though he lost. However, it is not uncommon for an aging fighter such as Cotto to get old over night. It happens.
    You add to the fact that he probably didn't train properly like Hunter suggested and you could see why the apparent slip. That certainly didn't seem like the Cotto of old in there.. None the less, you have to give Trout some props for taking on a big name like Cotto in his backyard and beating him. I wouldn't call this a career defining match for Trout however.. Just a match against the perfet opponent at the time to catapult him into stardom. Kind of like when Mayweather fought De La Hoya.
    Who am I a fan of exactly?? And which fighter am I not looking at rationally?? It sounds like you're trying to say Cotto did get old over night. Get the hell out of my tread with your accusations & the good ole old overnight crap, thanks.

Comment

• @ts

I didn't think Cotto was washed up before nor after.

I still think Cotto has some good fights left.

I DO think Cotto has lost the discipline to make weight at 147, and thus, is robbing himself of monster upcoming paydays, like Pac, Bradley, Rios, Matthyesse, Alexander, Khan, and so on.

Cotto can clearly make 147 and could dominate, where as at 154 he just isn't big enough with the wrong style to fight against long lanky guys who box.

Comment

Working...
      X