Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unions protest Wal-Mart by distrib flyer of devloper's home address with crosshairs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Unions protest Wal-Mart by distrib flyer of devloper's home address with crosshairs

Doesn't seem like a very good idea this close to the Tucson massacre.

As you'll recall, last May the SEIU seized on a brilliant new tactic for protests. It seems that if you disagree with someone's business decisions its now fair game to show up at the guy's house and scare the wits out of his children. (Or at least that's what happened last May when the SEIU staged a protest at a Bank of America executive's house.)

Well, now Wal-Mart has announced they are building stores in metro D.C. Wal-mart is non-union (that's why goods there are so gosh darn affordable), so obviously the local unions are not happy about this development. So what's their plan? The fine folks at Wal-Mart Free DC (charming little smiley face logo on the website there) want to go protest at the developer's house. They've announced this protest by widely distributing a flyer with the developer's home address on it with some crosshairs thrown in for good measure. This should end well:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/...#ixzz1BdOTb4dx

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post

As you'll recall, last May the SEIU seized on a brilliant new tactic for protests. It seems that if you disagree with someone's business decisions its now fair game to show up at the guy's house and scare the wits out of his children. (Or at least that's what happened last May when the SEIU staged a protest at a Bank of America executive's house.)

no pity for banker parasites.
    Well, now Wal-Mart has announced they are building stores in metro D.C. Wal-mart is non-union (that's why goods there are so gosh darn affordable), so obviously the local unions are not happy about this development. So what's their plan? The fine folks at Wal-Mart Free DC (charming little smiley face logo on the website there) want to go protest at the developer's house. They've announced this protest by widely distributing a flyer with the developer's home address on it with some crosshairs thrown in for good measure. This should end well:
    That's cutesy and folksy, but its bullshit. Its because they deal in slave labor. I made a thread about it yesterday. I hope this isn't another anti-union thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Subtraction View Post
      no pity for banker parasites.
      Not even their young children?

That's cutesy and folksy, but its bullshit. Its because they deal in slave labor. I made a thread about it yesterday. I hope this isn't another anti-union thread.

You're going to love my thread in a few days on why union membership has gone down in the last few decades, and why government unions (which shouldn't be aloud to exist, and didn't used to) make up such a large % of the remaining.

Comment

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/...#ixzz1BdOTb4dx
        Actually things are so damn cheap at wallmart because almost everything sold there is foreign manufactured. The outsourcing of jobs to enrich corporations is what has depleted jobs and caused this recession.

Comment

Not even their young children?

You're going to love my thread in a few days on why union membership has gone down in the last few decades, and why government unions (which shouldn't be aloud to exist, and didn't used to) make up such a large % of the remaining.
          hey jim, can u give me a job on ur farm?

Comment

Good, picket those bastards. You guys ***** now about the unions but open your eyes man. Larger foreign corporations will be moving into America even more in the future. What salary might they offer and with what benefiets? They will pay the next thing closest to minimum wage and your family will go without any kind of insurance. These corporations will continue to grow making their money off of foreign sweat shops producing the goods for pennies while having the American workers stocking it and selling it for next to minimum wage.

Open your eyes. America is the people for the people, not the people for the corporation that offer you a life of low to lower middle class existance.

The unions are the people for the people. If they are ever dismantled you will be working for next to nothing with no rights in the work place under whatever conditions the corporation deems sufficient.

Americans fought many years and alot of people died to give American workers the rights that they have today. You may not have everything that union workers have in the work place but believe me, you have better conditions because the unions stood up and spoke or fought for what was right, the trickle down affect. Let the unions go and every American will be fair game in the cross hairs of the foriegn corporations. I wouldn't want that for my children.

Keep the unions strong, buy American and **** these foriegn corporations who don't want to roll with us. UNION YES!!!!!!!!! ......Rockin'
            Last edited by Rockin'; 01-20-2011, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              Good, picket those bastards. You guys ***** now about the unions but open your eyes man. Larger foreign corporations will be moving into America even more in the future. What salary might they offer and with what benefiets? They will pay the next thing closest to minimum wage and your family will go without any kind of insurance. These corporations will continue to grow making their money off of foreign sweat shops producing the goods for pennies while having the American workers stocking it and selling it for next to minimum wage.

Open your eyes. America is the people for the people, not the people for the corporation that offer you a life of low to lower middle class existance.

The unions are the people for the people. If they are ever dismantled you will be working for next to nothing with no rights in the work place under whatever conditions the corporation deems sufficient.

Americans fought many years and alot of people died to give American workers the rights that they have today. You may not have everything that union workers have in the work place but believe me, you have better conditions because the unions stood up and spoke or fought for what was right, the trickle down affect. Let the unions go and every American will be fair game in the cross hairs of the foriegn corporations. I wouldn't want that for my children.

Keep the unions strong, buy American and **** these foriegn corporations who don't want to roll with us. UNION YES!!!!!!!!! ......Rockin'
              As of 1950, the United States produced 75% of all the automobiles in the world and Japan produced less that 1% of what the US produced. By 1975, Japan was producing more automobiles than the US. By 1990, the number of jobs in the American automobile industry was 200,000 less than it had been in 1979. Recently it took 10s of billions of our tax dollars to bail out our car companies, much of which most likely will never be recovered.

What happened? Unions. Ditto the steel industry, the coal industry. Today it is incredibly expensive to get rid of incompetent teachers. While the class size is on the rise and quality of education on the decline.

About the only industry unions haven't destroyed and bled dry is our government, but it's 14 trillion in debt, almost 100% of our GDP. And gov unions should be outlawed. Either a gov service is completely necessary, or it should be gotten rid of. The ones that are necessary, like the snow cleanup crew in New York that was just responsible for several deaths due to their "protests," shouldn't be unionized for obvious reasons.

There was a time when certain unions were necessary. That time is long gone. One union recently spent 10 million dollars on a political race that they lost. And the leader chalked it up to money well spent.

Look at the unemployment in the right to work states. Compare it to the union stranglehold states and get back to me.

And if you think 500 union members should be allowed to terrorize some banker's 12 year old son at his own home, seek psychiatric help.

Unions Suck!!!
              Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 01-21-2011, 12:20 AM.

Comment

I am sick of Unions,they are supposed to be for the good of the worker and end up fcking them 90 percent of the time.

Comment

As of 1950, the United States produced 75% of all the automobiles in the world and Japan produced less that 1% of what the US produced. By 1975, Japan was producing more automobiles than the US. By 1990, the number of jobs in the American automobile industry was 200,000 less than it had been in 1979. Recently it took 10s of billions of our tax dollars to bail out our car companies, much of which most likely will never be recovered.

What happened? Unions. Ditto the steel industry, the coal industry. Today it is incredibly expensive to get rid of incompetent teachers. While the class size is on the rise and quality of education on the decline.

About the only industry unions haven't destroyed and bled dry is our government, but it's 14 trillion in debt, almost 100% of our GDP. And gov unions should be outlawed. Either a gov service is completely necessary, or it should be gotten rid of. The ones that are necessary, like the snow cleanup crew in New York that was just responsible for several deaths due to their "protests," shouldn't be unionized for obvious reasons.

There was a time when certain unions were necessary. That time is long gone. One union recently spent 10 million dollars on a political race that they lost. And the leader chalked it up to money well spent.

Look at the unemployment in the right to work states. Compare it to the union stranglehold states and get back to me.

And if you think 500 union members should be allowed to terrorize some banker's 12 year old son at his own home, seek psychiatric help.

Unions Suck!!!
                  Fantastic post

Comment

Unions Suck!!!

If the government did not give such incredible concessions to the foriegn automobile makers to build and sell their product in the u.s, while the foriegn countries continue to have such stiff tarrifs on our products going into their countries our auto industry would be fine. They gave those concessions to help build a world market, well the world market is here and we are losing it all because these concessions are still in play. Tax the **** out of their stuff coming into the U.S the same as they tax us.

I am from the Carpenters Union. Let me tell you that it is one good union. We work in safe conditions and are not asked to do things that could harm us in the field.

Being laid off I had to take work with a non union roofing company. The job did not include any carpentry work so I was still good with the union. I got out there and it was ****. I was working in another area when I was instructed to go help the foreman, so I go. It ends up that he was spraying a polymer base coating that insulates and seals the roof. He says, hold this hose and starts spraying. With the wind it was all coming back into my face. Now this stuff is toxic like stuff and should not be breathed at all. So I say, let me go get my mask. He says no and continues spraying. Again I say, let me go get my mask. Again he declines. I drop the hose and get out of the vaporous material. Man, who knows what that stuff will do to you if it coats your lungs. He says get back here and I just walked over to the ladder, climbed down and got my mask. I get up top to find that he has his buddy holding the hose covering his face with his shirt. Now I might add that these were Mexican workers just about straight off of the mule, foreman and all. Legal workers? Very unlikely. He told me to go do something else. ****, $11 is not worth losing my lungs or my health later on down the line.

On a different job but same crew I happened to step on a nail that punctured through my boot and deep into the middle of my foot because he was hurrying the crew and not minding to keeping the work area clear of debris. I tell the "foreman" and he says your fine go back to work. I said I need to get this looked at as I was having trouble walking, he says go back to work. So I do and 4 hours later I can no longer walk on it. So he waits until the day is over and then drives me to the hospital all the while telling me that I did this on purpose. 3 days on crutches and I was back to work.

With the union I had cut my hand open working on a stationary saw. No questions asked I was rushed to the hospital, taken care of and everything (billing) was taken care of with no allegations.

thats just the tip of the iceberg with that crew.

On a union site I would not have encountered those problems. We have laborers who clean up after us and a mask would have been provided. I was "let go" from the job even though I produced the same as anyone of the Mexicans. Stand for your rights and you will be fired. I would also not be descriminated against as I was by those mexican pieces of ****.

Say what you want, UNION YES!............Rockin'
                    Last edited by Rockin'; 01-21-2011, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X