No announcement yet.

African - Americans : An Important Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• African - Americans : An Important Question

America is I think we can all agree with the exception of Native Americans/Red Indians a nation of immigrants, You have all kinds of Americans, Italian-Americans, Japanese-Americans, Pakistani-Americans, Hispanic-Americans and African-Americans. You can be any race, religion, creed but you are still an American, This is America's greatest strength (For the record Im not an American myself). Hispanic-Americans is a blanked term for spanish speaking people and there decedents that live in the US, ie in particular Mexican-Americans. But African-Americans? I dont understand why there is a blanket term for blacks in America? You dont call an Italian-American a European-American, Or A Pakistani-American a South Asian - American, So why dub blacks in America : African-American?

The reason in my view is that blacks in America do not know which part of Africa they came from, Whereas for example and Italian or Pakistani-American could probably tell you exactly what village, nearest city, state, province and nation there ancestors came from and they could probably return to that place and trace their family line and perhaps even read a register of births of their ancestors.Not just that but an Italian or Pakistani -American for example would still probably be able to speak Italian or Urdu and maintain the same religion there ancestors had ie Catholic and Islam. Black Americans or African-Americans do not have this luxury, They do not know what country in Africa they come from, This was due largely because of the nature of the slave trade, Africans would often kidnap other Africans and sell them to white slave runners from different parts, No attempt was made by the first African slaves who arrived in America to maintain their African language nor would they probably have been permitted to do so by thier slave owners, Nor did Africans maintain their Tribal religion, Instead opting to mass convert to the Christian religion and then more recently Islam.

As a test next time you hear a black American say "I am an African - American" , Ask them what part of Africa they came from, What nation, What village, Nearest city, the language of their African ancestors and the religion of their ancestors: They will not know.

With this in mind, There is no such thing as an African - American, Just like there is no such thing as a South American - American, An American with origins in African would be a Egyptian - American, Ghanian - American etc. Why is there no attempt by Black people in the US to know where there ancestors came from? Why did the first black people that arrived from African make no attempt whatsoever to maintain their original language, Where did Black Americans never start an armed resistance movement against their treatment if it was so bad, I know for a fact there would be bombings, arson, shootings, and terrorism if the tragedies that befell the Black people of American had befallen any other ethnic group, You never hear history books of the "African American Liberation Army" that fought the Slave runners, Or the "African American Resistance"?

I laugh when I see Obama going around in his world tours: He seems to be every nationality and origin in this world except black, He is Hawaiian , He goes to Poland and claims to be part Polish, He says his mother lived in Pakistan and is therefore part Pakistani then goes to Japan and talks of his grandfather Fuji Kanemitsu! He doesnt look part Japanese or Pakistani or Polish he looks black and he should be proud to be black!

Disclaimer: I am not in anyway a racist nor is this thread intended to be racist, It merely asks a question which I have long asked myself and im sure is on the minds of others.
    Last edited by Hard Boiled; 06-18-2011, 09:34 AM.

Black Americans don't like to be called black, that is all.

Comment

people who came over here of their own free will DO know where they`re from.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
        Black Americans don't like to be called black, that is all.
        not true my man, not true at all. older generations maybe but young people think that african american is, and i agree, condescending.

Comment

Originally posted by tim horton View Post
          people who came over here of their own free will DO know where they`re from.
          99.99% of "blacks" or "African Americans" do not know which part of Africa they came from, Nor do they know what language their ancestors spoke, Nor do they know the religion of their ancestors. The most painful part of this is that there was no attempt by black people themselves to maintain this knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
            99.99% of "blacks" or "African Americans" do not know which part of Africa they came from, Nor do they know what language their ancestors spoke, Nor do they know the religion of their ancestors. The most painful part of this is that there was no attempt by black people themselves to maintain this knowledge.

They were stripped of all their own cultures and language and brainwashed into becoming christians.

Comment

This is in general the rule for ALL Americans. Yeah, a lot of whites know which country they have heritage from but they don't know anything about it, languages, religion or anything about the culture. I don't know why so many people outside of America find it so difficult to understand that we are making our own culture here. Our country might not be that old but that doesn't take away from the fact that we now have a few generations from this country and this is what we relate to. I could care less about where my great great great grandparents came from. I wasn't alive or ever met them.

I may have Polish heritage but I'd never consider myself Polish. Yeah, technically I guess I am but I know nothing about Polish people other than calling my grandmother Babcia and eating some Polish foods. I'm American and that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
                so is this how you do it...somebody tells you you are wrong and you just keep regurgitating baseless percentages.

gotcha.

Comment

I hate how black people use their bad history as an excuse to act like dickheads and commit crimes.

Jews have had it alot worse then blacks but you don't see them going round acting like the world owes them something.

Comment

Originally posted by tim horton View Post
                    so is this how you do it...somebody tells you you are wrong and you just keep regurgitating baseless percentages.

gotcha.
                    I agree with another poster that were was a deliberate ploy to purge the identity of African slaves that arrived in America. But here is the second part of my question : Why did Black Americans never start an armed resistance movement against their treatment if it was so bad, I know for a fact there would be bombings, arson, shootings, and terrorism if the tragedies that befell the Black people of American had befallen any other ethnic group, You never hear history books of the "African American Liberation Army" that fought the Slave runners, Or the "African American Resistance"?

Comment

Working...
                    X