Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch-Kessler II Heading To a Date of April 27, London

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it'll be about 6 hours before the hbo and showtime live events start, so one of them could show it on tape delay or epix might pick it up live.

Hope sky dont put it on ppv (even though its 10* better than some of their ppv fights i just dont wanna have to fork out 15 quid)

Comment

As long as European Boxing matches duck Soccer events.. they are fine.

Nothing's completing with soccer in Europe.. so having the fight anywhere NEAR Champions League Finals in London is stupid.

Comment

Suddenly common sense prevails - I don't see why any fight should take 5 months to prepare and both Froch and Kessler had relatively short fights in november and December respectively - I still think this is 3 - 4 weeks to long and should be early April not end - todays fighters are soft.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
          Suddenly common sense prevails - I don't see why any fight should take 5 months to prepare and both Froch and Kessler had relatively short fights in november and December respectively - I still think this is 3 - 4 weeks to long and should be early April not end - todays fighters are soft.
          Listen, the length of the fight has no bearing on how long preparation takes. You have to understand that these guys are in their mid 30's, their bodies take time recuperate. 8 week training camp before their last fights - they need at least 8 weeks to recover - and then another 8 week training camp. Their may date was better IMO but now it's closer - which is a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            April 27th looks like a big night for boxing...

Froch v Kessler
            Garcia v Judah
            Malignaggi v Maidana (hopefully)
            Kinda sucks for me since I'm going to Garcia vs Judah.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
              It takes a while to market a PPV event.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                Kinda sucks for me since I'm going to Garcia vs Judah.
                Catch the fight on Wifi before the Garcia-Judah fight.,

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                  Catch the fight on Wifi before the Garcia-Judah fight.,
                  It's a 2 hour drive from Philly to Brooklyn, if I drive, I won't be able to watch it, but if I get on the train, I might be able to get it.

I wanna see Froch spank that ass live, it's not as fun watching replays.

Comment

The date should be made public today. All sorts of dates has been rumoured. I don't think the day of the Champions League final is necessarily a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      The date should be made public today. All sorts of dates has been rumoured. I don't think the day of the Champions League final is necessarily a bad thing.
                      If the arena had any sense they would show the game and rake in tons of cash from beer.

Comment

Working...
                      X