No announcement yet.

Top level Conditioning coach TIM GROVER wans to work with Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top level Conditioning coach TIM GROVER wans to work with Manny Pacquiao

Tim Grover worked with Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade as a conditioning coach, I think he would help Manny he also said he would work well with Ariza and Roach, also the best way for him to get in touch with Manny is for Kobe to meet with Manny when he goes to the Philippines again since they are friend.

He claims he can revive him, and make him 10 times better and stronger than Marquez.

http://www.philstar.com/sports/2012/...services-manny

Grover, 47, said he wouldn’t be making an offer for his services if he wasn’t sure of delivering results. “I’m putting my reputation on the line,” he said. “I saw how (Juan Manuel) Marquez put on a lot of muscle mass without gaining too much weight. You can do that with a training program. But I guarantee that I can make Manny 10 times better than Marquez in terms of conditioning.”

Grover said he’s willing to work with Pacquiao for as long as it takes. “Kobe’s a huge Manny fan and I wouldn’t be reaching out to Manny if Kobe didn’t know it,” he said. “It’s not like I’m offering my services to eight different fighters. I’m reaching out to only Manny, nobody else, because like Kobe, I want Manny to come back and be successful. This is for just his next fight. It’s not as if I’ll be working with Manny nine months in a year. I’m sure we can work out a schedule that will be beneficial to both of us without cutting corners.”

Grover declined to comment on how Marquez was able to bulk up and increase his power for his fourth fight against Pacquiao. “It’s possible to do that without resorting to performance-enhancing-drugs,” he said. “All I can say is if Marquez was able to boost his power with training, I can do that 10 times better with Manny. My concept is to fit into whatever program Manny is now doing with Freddie and Alex. I can work with anyone in his team. At his age, Manny can still go far. My ability to work on both the physical and mental aspects will allow me the opportunity to prepare Manny for his next fight feeling confident he’ll have the power and be in the proper frame of mind to win.”

Eh................ I think Manny already has enough power and muscle for Marquez. He just needs to approach with a different strategy that allows him to be aggressive with out being reckless. Im not sure he can do both against Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by M.I Truth ? View Post
      Eh................ I think Manny already has enough power and muscle for Marquez. He just needs to approach with a different strategy that allows him to be aggressive with out being reckless. Im not sure he can do both against Marquez.
      True, but maybe this guy will help Manny mentally he helps motivate, also he said it will take 9 months so he would be working with Manny and be with him for a long time to help him, he doesn't seem like a push over like Ariza. Pacman didn't even do any of Ariza conditioning training like those neck strengthening workouts for the traps and shoulders they used to to do with weights.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        Tim Grover worked with Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade as a conditioning coach, I think he would help Manny he also said he would work well with Ariza and Roach, also the best way for him to get in touch with Manny is for Kobe to meet with Manny when he goes to the Philippines again since they are friend.

He claims he can revive him, and make him 10 times better and stronger than Marquez.

http://www.philstar.com/sports/2012/...services-manny

Grover, 47, said he wouldn’t be making an offer for his services if he wasn’t sure of delivering results. “I’m putting my reputation on the line,” he said. “I saw how (Juan Manuel) Marquez put on a lot of muscle mass without gaining too much weight. You can do that with a training program. But I guarantee that I can make Manny 10 times better than Marquez in terms of conditioning.”

Grover said he’s willing to work with Pacquiao for as long as it takes. “Kobe’s a huge Manny fan and I wouldn’t be reaching out to Manny if Kobe didn’t know it,” he said. “It’s not like I’m offering my services to eight different fighters. I’m reaching out to only Manny, nobody else, because like Kobe, I want Manny to come back and be successful. This is for just his next fight. It’s not as if I’ll be working with Manny nine months in a year. I’m sure we can work out a schedule that will be beneficial to both of us without cutting corners.”

Grover declined to comment on how Marquez was able to bulk up and increase his power for his fourth fight against Pacquiao. “It’s possible to do that without resorting to performance-enhancing-drugs,” he said. “All I can say is if Marquez was able to boost his power with training, I can do that 10 times better with Manny. My concept is to fit into whatever program Manny is now doing with Freddie and Alex. I can work with anyone in his team. At his age, Manny can still go far. My ability to work on both the physical and mental aspects will allow me the opportunity to prepare Manny for his next fight feeling confident he’ll have the power and be in the proper frame of mind to win.”
        But can he recover that Chin ?

Comment

Pacquiao conditioning was never the problem

Comment

He needs to condition that chin first.

Comment

at this rate he'd prepare Manny to fight twenty some rounds if anything

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                But can he recover that Chin ?
                Once a solid chin has been cracked there is no recovering it. But he can work on Manny in other ways like mentall preparedness after a loss and making his stamina even better and his endurance.

Comment

You can't really do much as a trainer/conditioning coach if the fighter doesn't want to do it.

Comment

Might as well, Ariza has an excuse for every fight

Comment

Working...
                    X