No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Delvin Rodriguez: Wolak Rematch Here at Perfect Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Delvin Rodriguez: Wolak Rematch Here at Perfect Time

At the very moment the bell rang at the end of the 10th and final round of their instant classic, Delvin Rodriguez firmly believed he did enough to earn a victory over streaking contender Pawel Wolak. Two of the three judges felt otherwise, and he was forced to live with a draw.

[Click Here To Read More]

I understood what Wolak was trying to do delaying the fight a little bit.

The second fight could have been an HBO Boxing After Dark or Showtime New Generation SHOBOX. And more money too.

I didn't read the article just wanted to comment. Hope they televised this fight last I heard it wasn't going to be televised at all.

Comment

Can't wait for the rematch. Rodriguez has been incredibly unlucky with decision losses to Hlatshwayo, Jackiewicz and Theophane, and the Wolak draw. It could easily be argued he won all five of those and yet he went 0-3-2. I hope he puts it all together and beats Wolak this time, the first fight was so good a rematch had to happen.

Comment

great fight to be made cant wait

Comment

There first fight brought Wolak into the spotlight, everyone as myself thought Wolak being a 154 pounder wld have smashed on Delivin, being that he is a 147 pounder... Guess NOT! If WOlak wants to fight for the money and fight guys lower in weight class than HEY! SO be it.. I don't really think Wolak is gna last too long at 154, any decent boxer puncher will smash on him.. he cldn't even KO Delvin a 147 pounder.. All this talk about his pressure and power.. Well no POWER considering he cldn't KO Delvin...I think Delvin can win this fight if he maintains distance against this dude, JAb JAB JAB and create his opening and connect with the right than its gna be a short night for WOLAK...If he lets Wolak come inside at will, hes gna pay for it this time for sure..Dec card is looking good so far, now put Bam bam against someone sick than let see...

Comment

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post
            I understood what Wolak was trying to do delaying the fight a little bit.

The second fight could have been an HBO Boxing After Dark or Showtime New Generation SHOBOX. And more money too.

I didn't read the article just wanted to comment. Hope they televised this fight last I heard it wasn't going to be televised at all.
            Should've read the article =)

Fight will be on televised undercard to Cotto-Margarito II. Pay wasn't announced, other than both are receiving career high and close to six figures each. More than triple what would've been the case for Shobox and also far more what they would've earned for HBO BAD co-feature.

Wolak was originally slated for non-televised portion of the card when opponent was unknown and budget wasn't available for anything beyond a stay-busy fight. Money freed up once Runnin Rico Ramos-Guillermo Rigendull bout was pulled from show.

Wolak was holding out for a promised title shot that never materialized and believed that their rematch should've come once one or the other had a belt. DRod actually agreed with that logic (again, mentioned in the article).

Comment

Originally posted by Bajingo View Post
              Can't wait for the rematch. Rodriguez has been incredibly unlucky with decision losses to Hlatshwayo, Jackiewicz and Theophane, and the Wolak draw. It could easily be argued he won all five of those and yet he went 0-3-2. I hope he puts it all together and beats Wolak this time, the first fight was so good a rematch had to happen.
              Fair point. I thought he deserved the nod against Theophane, Wolak and Jackiewicz. Thought both fights w/ Hlatshwayo were fairly scored. First fight could've went either way.

Comment

Originally posted by sebastianb7312 View Post
                There first fight brought Wolak into the spotlight, everyone as myself thought Wolak being a 154 pounder wld have smashed on Delivin, being that he is a 147 pounder... Guess NOT! If WOlak wants to fight for the money and fight guys lower in weight class than HEY! SO be it.. I don't really think Wolak is gna last too long at 154, any decent boxer puncher will smash on him.. he cldn't even KO Delvin a 147 pounder.. All this talk about his pressure and power.. Well no POWER considering he cldn't KO Delvin...I think Delvin can win this fight if he maintains distance against this dude, JAb JAB JAB and create his opening and connect with the right than its gna be a short night for WOLAK...If he lets Wolak come inside at will, hes gna pay for it this time for sure..Dec card is looking good so far, now put Bam bam against someone sick than let see...
                I'm not big on Wolak, but I believe he's proven his worth at least as a fringe contender. Not sure anyone believes him to be more than that. His wins over Pinzon and Foreman showed that he's not as bad as most make him out to be, and beyond Cotto and Dzinziruk there's not exactly a wealth of talent atop 154 these days. He probably loses to Lara as well, but don't see anyone in the Top 10 I'd pick outright over him.

Same can now be said of Rodriguez, who to his credit appeared far stronger at 154 than in any given notable fight at 147.

Comment

Delvin is a REAL pro. Hes the kind of fighter I'm thankful to see fight.

Comment

Is this another 10 rounder?

This fight deserves to be a 12 rounder IMO

Comment

Working...
                    X