Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo vs. Lara Undercard Announced

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah well, just glad for Canelo/Lara to be honest. They should've put Danny Jacobs on!

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      Main: Canelo vs. Lara
      Co-Main: Abner Mares vs. J. Oquendo
      Johan Perez vs. Mauricio Herrera
      Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Francisco Vargas

Kind of meh, but I'll take it.

Oh hell yea. I'm loving this undercard.

Can't wait to see the uncrowned champ at 140 fight again. Mares/Oquendo is going to be fireworks for however long it lasts. JuanMa/Vargas is going to be an all action fight too. I didn't think much of Vargas's win over Belmontes at first until i saw Belmontes fight Figueroa. Vargas won every single round against Belmontes.

The main event is just icing on the cake

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
        Oh hell yea. I'm loving this undercard.

Can't wait to see the uncrowned champ at 140 fight again. Mares/Oquendo is going to be fireworks for however long it lasts. JuanMa/Vargas is going to be an all action fight too. I didn't think much of Vargas's win over Belmontes at first until i saw Belmontes fight Figueroa. Vargas won every single round against Belmontes.

The main event is just icing on the cake
        Agree for the most part i think we'll see good action even if we don't have any big names going at it. Good to see Mares back hopefully he'll recover from that KO loss gain some confidence and fight Gonzales again. I think Vargas will be too much for Lopez. Vargas is a pretty solid boxer who will exploit JuanMa's flaws. Herrera rightfully gets another fight on a big time event.

Comment

Kinda wack. Oh well, as long as i'm watching Mr. PPV

Comment

Super meh but the main fight is fantastic so whatever. I will watch regardless. I can't help it

Comment

Should at least being some entertaining fights and not some snoozers...

Plus the main event is big time, so I think it's a good card and I will buy it

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
                Ah well, just glad for Canelo/Lara to be honest. They should've put Danny Jacobs on!
                Yeah Danny Jacobs is being underused IMO.. They really hyped his return and the whole story behind it, and they kept him active with some journeymen, but I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen him vs quillen, Stevens, or jermain Taylor yet... I guess they are really going after the Latino fanbase by the look of the undercard and probably saving Danny for a Brooklyn card

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Whack undercard. No better than Martinez-Cotto.
                  GBP's undercards in 2014 have been abysmal compared to last year. Just awful. They're on par with TR this year. Last year, it wasn't even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Yeah Danny Jacobs is being underused IMO.. They really hyped his return and the whole story behind it, and they kept him active with some journeymen, but I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen him vs quillen, Stevens, or jermain Taylor yet... I guess they are really going after the Latino fanbase by the look of the undercard and probably saving Danny for a Brooklyn card
                    Last I heard, they were trying to get him back in Brooklyn July 26th. I think they're just waiting to see if GGG fights then or not

Comment

Not very good for a PPV undercard. This is PPV, right?

Alvarez/Lara is so awesome that I don't really care though. It's one of those fights I'd want to pay for by itself.

Comment

Working...
                      X