According To Steward He Was Fired Because He Could Not Report By October 7

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According To Steward He Was Fired Because He Could Not Report By October 7

http://www.primerahora.com/emanuelst...os-561128.html

He says the relationship ended on good terms. And I understand Cotto on this the fight is two months away he needed to start training for this and he needed his trainer there.

If that's the case, I understand on both sides.

Steward needs to train Wlad any way, I don't see how it could've worked anyway.

Comment

Just very disappointing because Cotto 10x >>> then Lee. Cotto has more upside even at this point since Lee isn't top 5 barely top 10 material.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
        Just very disappointing because Cotto 10x >>> then Lee. Cotto has more upside even at this point since Lee isn't top 5 barely top 10 material.
        Lee was not the problem that fight was OCT 1 and Steward according to Cotto was supposed to get to Florida the day after that fight but other stuff came it seems like.
        Last edited by AnimalisticMeth; 10-04-2011, 03:17 PM.

Comment

If I'm Manny Steward...I'd be there in a heart beat...he has no body under him like a Cotto, in terms of US exposure anyways.

And if he guides Cotto to victory in what is clearly the biggest fight of the year, then it only improves his stock. Dumb move overall.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
            If I'm Manny Steward...I'd be there in a heart beat...he has no body under him like a Cotto, in terms of US exposure anyways.

And if he guides Cotto to victory in what is clearly the biggest fight of the year, then it only improves his stock. Dumb move overall.
            Steward and Lee live together, cottos relationship is only business unlike with lee its more personal. Cotto could have waited hes just making excuses he found this trainer over the weekend And something must have impressed him, if his trainer works on his stamina cotto will be better,pluss a solid gameplan.im sure this trainer was cheaper too

Comment

Originally posted by boxing2106 View Post
              Steward and Lee live together, cottos relationship is only business unlike with lee its more personal. Cotto could have waited hes just making excuses he found this trainer over the weekend And something must have impressed him, if his trainer works on his stamina cotto will be better,pluss a solid gameplan.im sure this trainer was cheaper too
              A Gamboa fan that doesn't know who Cotto's new trainer is?

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                If that's the case, I understand on both sides.

Steward needs to train Wlad any way, I don't see how it could've worked anyway.
                For what does Steward needs to train Wlad? A fight against Mormeck? *looooooooooooooool* I could to the training for the Mormeck fight as well and you know what would change? NOTHING... Wlad would still knockout Mormeck inside 4 rounds

Comment

Working...
                X