Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kendall Holt Destroys Arroya, Conyers Upsets De La Rosa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kendall Holt Destroys Arroya, Conyers Upsets De La Rosa

SILVERDOME, PONTIAC, MICHIGAN - Welterweight prospect James De la Rosa's (20-1) near 15 month layoff was evident when he was upset by Allen Conyers (12-4) via unanious decision. The scores were 95-92 on all three judges scorecards.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Glad Holt won, I am a big fan of the guy and hope he gets another fight soon since it seems he didn't take any damage at all in this one.

Comment

I like holt too; he's a good guy. Just as you said, I'm hoping he gets right back into another fight since this one ended early.

Comment

De la Rosa had no excuse he fought a terrible journeyman who was coming off a 3 year layoff

Comment

I just called Directv and ask them since I been a loyal costumer for 4 years if they can give me a free subscription to HBO for tonight. The supervisor gave it to me free for 2 months! Everyone who don't got HBO try this. Threaten to cancel when they say no at first.

Comment

Originally posted by BesWorldChamp View Post
            I like holt too; he's a good guy. Just as you said, I'm hoping he gets right back into another fight since this one ended early.
            It can be very suspenseful watching Holt's fights because the ko shot can come from nowhere, he just needs to be a bit busier in fights I think but he does have speed, power, good overall boxing skills. If Holt just shows up mentally prepared for fights he could possibly beat just about anyone.

Comment

"I don't lay down, I lay backs down" Thats an ATG quote.

Its weird though, that Holt hits hard but doesn't have a huge amount of KO's.

Comment

Damn can't believe De La Rosa lost...

Guess his promotional issues and the long lay off took a toll on him, hope this isn't it for him, he seemed promising and was actually a pretty good puncher..I hope he can sort out his issues outside the ring and can actually bounce back from a devastating loss like this one.

Comment

cant believe delarosa lost.He should of never signed with king.king had him
                  on the shelf for over a year.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                    cant believe delarosa lost.He should of never signed with king.king had him
                    on the shelf for over a year.
                    I'm not sure the deal with Don King ever went through actually, his original promotional company were refusing to let him go due to some contractual issue, but I never heard of it being settled and him being a full time DK fighter.

Do you know if it was ever confirmed?

Comment

Working...
                    X