Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamboa vs. Broner...a huge mismatch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough fight to call. I don't care what anyone says. Both these guys are seriously skilled and talented. I used to think less of Broner, but he really impressed me with his last performance. Gamboa's size disadvantage cannot be ignored.

In the end, it might simply come down to who lands the biggest shot(s). Neither guy has fought anyone as good as the other. Yuri hits hard and fast, so Adrien might go somewhat defensive after tasting the power. Gamboa has never been caught by as big a puncher as Broner, so that might prove interesting.

I just know one thing for sure: If this fight is announced, a lot of fans are gonna jizz their pants.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
      This is a fight I can see Gamboa taking but not Broner. If Broner is anything like Fraud Jr. he would be smart and avoid any potential dangerous matches if he wants to collect big paychecks throughout his career. But hey, that's just me. On the other hand Broner could potentially win the fight, but we wouldn't ever know that if he avoids it like the plague.
      Right.

Because Mayweather never took any risks at all when he was Broner's age.

Comment

Lets just say for the sake of comparing that both of these guys are equal in speed, power and technique. The fact remains that one has cement blocks for feet and the other is on roller blades! I will put my money on the one that can move!

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
          Lets just say for the sake of comparing that both of these guys are equal in speed, power and technique. The fact remains that one has cement blocks for feet and the other is on roller blades! I will put my money on the one that can move!
          The funny thing is that I think that if Gamboa is pressed, I think he can fight flat footed, and that if Broner has to move, he can move. I've seen flashes from both men.

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB
            Quote:

Originally Posted by JmH Reborn

Wow...this fight equals a mismatch of epic proportions.

I think Broner, as much as I dislike the dude would beat the brakes off of Gamboa. Gamboa last fought at 126, has been inactive and has always been a bit chinny, against less than quality opponents.

While he's faster than Broner, it isn't by much and I don't see a huge gap in talent either. I think Gamboa is only slightly more talented, but barely. Frankly, Broner's size and reach advantage, coupled with his talent should be more than enough for a guy moving up two or more divisions. Manny Pacquiao, Gamboa is not. They both have fought cupcakes mostly, and Broner and Gamboa have about equal in quality win(s) (DeMarco and Siri). This supposed shut-out just makes no sense. Guys, please stop, you're killing me

Discuss

First time reading the OP and these are things that I detailed in one of my post in this thread. And I personally like both fighters, for the record.
            Gamboa debuted at 130 or fought at 130 so technically he's only going up 1 weight class. Not sure why people are talking like this is a new thing for him. At 130 you will see the same Gamboa we started watching MAYBE with a BIT less speed and a BIT more power.

Can someone pick Broner solely on size? Sure but I believe Gamboa has the edge in everything else. Speed, footwork and experience.

If you think about it what is it that Broner does? He walks you down, let's you do your work then hits you back. What is Broner gonna do once he gets hit by the faster and more agile Gamboa then finds out Gamboa is no longer in front of him to walk him down?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

i'd love

to tax Lindsays @ss!!! but on a serious note, i think its an evenly fought match for the most part. mini floyd vs mini pac in a weird kinda way

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                The funny thing is that I think that if Gamboa is pressed, I think he can fight flat footed, and that if Broner has to move, he can move. I've seen flashes from both men.
                Fair point now, does Broner posses the agility, fluid movements of Gamboa? I think Broner's defense is better but I highly doubt that Gamboa is just going to stand flat footed and trade with a bigger guy. I know I wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                  Wow...this fight equals a mismatch of epic proportions.

I think Broner, as much as I dislike the dude would beat the brakes off of Gamboa. Gamboa last fought at 126, has been inactive and has always been a bit chinny, against less than quality opponents.

While he's faster than Broner, it isn't by much and I don't see a huge gap in talent either. I think Gamboa is only slightly more talented, but barely. Frankly, Broner's size and reach advantage, coupled with his talent should be more than enough for a guy moving up two or more divisions. Manny Pacquiao, Gamboa is not. They both have fought cupcakes mostly, and Broner and Gamboa have about equal in quality win(s) (DeMarco and Siri). This supposed shut-out just makes no sense. Guys, please stop, you're killing me

Discuss
                  Gamboa might end up a loser this coming saturday against Farenas! I think Broner KO Gamboa too!

Comment

As impressive as Broner looked in his last fight, it's still hard to imagine broner taking Gamboa to school by out boxing him and even a knockout.

Gamboa is incredibly seasoned with all his amateur pedigree, natural given talent extremely fast, accurate. It would be a good fight. But Gamboa by UD for me.

Styles make fights, and Gamboa compared to Demarco share absolutely nothing in common.

Look at the ponce fight, and times that by about 3x
                    Last edited by Mikel 45; 11-30-2012, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
                      Fair point now, does Broner posses the agility, fluid movements of Gamboa? I think Broner's defense is better but I highly doubt that Gamboa is just going to stand flat footed and trade with a bigger guy. I know I wouldn't.
                      Broner possesses enough skills to render Gamboa useless for 10 or more seconds.

Comment

Working...
                      X