Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC heavyweight championship on free TV the same night as Pacquaio-Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought they weren't on at the same time? I'll order pac and watch ufc, plus I have DVR so I can always switch to the pac fight then catch up on the UFC stuff later.

Comment

Their not competing. UFC would have spanked them though being on fox. But boxing isn't on fox, abc, or cbs so really they can't compete with that, and eventually id like the UFC to drop the PPV moniker all together which is why boxing is as popular anymore and UFC will get HUGE.

Comment

i will bring both tv out and watch both...but aint changing channels if im paying 50$ for pac/JMM

Comment

Its just Dana playing his usual hardball game. Prior to Zuffa purchasing Strikeforce any time they were doing an event on ShowTime, Dana would replay a past UFC PPV event on ****e to detract viewers and he was also responsible for blocking Bellator from getting on ****e before his signing with FOX.

Simply put, its just all business.

Comment

My friends and i will watch the ufc on fox, than watch Pac vs. Marquez. We like both, so its win-win.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
              So now if the UFC event gets more viewers, which it should because it's on regular tv, then Dana White will come out with that whole boxing is dead and UFC rules and all that bs. I am kind of surprised he is doing it against the pacquiao fight and not against mayweather, because as much as he talks **** about mayweather i figured he would want to do it then.
              #1. Dana admittedly avoids putting UFC events on the same night as huge boxing fights.

#2. Dana didn't chose the date for the event. Fox did.

#3. That is the reason why they put their biggest mexican star(Cain) to go up against Marquez for the mexican fan base.

Comment

I can't wait for those fights!

Comment

I don't hate the UFC but i dislike Dana White. If he truly believes UFC is bigger than boxing, then how come he is televising a free UFC event on the same as Pac-JMM night. The answer is he knows that he put that event as PPV, it will not be able to compete.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
                    #1. Dana admittedly avoids putting UFC events on the same night as huge boxing fights.

#2. Dana didn't chose the date for the event. Fox did.

#3. That is the reason why they put their biggest mexican star(Cain) to go up against Marquez for the mexican fan base.
                    #1. He may say that, but he's tried to go against boxing in the past. Didn't he counter program a Mayweather fight once? (He has said that he wouldn't counter a Pacquiao fight, I do recall).

#2. Good point, Fox almost assuredly tells the UFC when the date is, it's difficult to imagine that Zuffa even has much of a say at all.

#3. That's your opinion, I'm not sure it's valid, but who knows. I kind of don't think that Cain Velasquez is going to deter any Mexican PPV buyers from ordering the Marquez-Pacquiao fight. (Some of them may well tune in to Fox, before the Marquez-Pac. fight, like Arum said (he didn't say Mexicans, but that is clearly the major demographic for this PPV, as always)).

Comment

After watching face off with kellerman..ill be watching both ufc and pac
                      I've never missed a pac fight since 2006 ....ufc will end before pac fights

Comment

Working...
                      X