No announcement yet.

Whats wrong with ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
    Peterson was effectively counter punching him, as soon as Ortiz would launch himself forward to punch, Peterson would take a step back and counter with his power shots.

Other than jabs, Peterson avoided leading at all costs.

Funny how Lamont would not throw the first punch to save his life, but you call Ortiz' movement "running around the ring like a girl". Peterson would not engage unless Ortiz initiated, threw more than 100 punches less than Ortiz (lower then Hopkins' average), yet Ortiz is the one with issues of determination, heart, etc.

It's true, most people will pretty much cede their opinion to those in authority (in this case, commentators and announcers). Think for yourself, boxing is more complicated than the depth they get into.
    Exactly, stellar post. Ortiz is still top three at '40. He's a great fighter, Peterson is a great fighter as well, nobody's ever had LP reeling the way he was early against Ortiz.

Comment

Peterson is garbage to watch
      I'm glad Ortiz managed to get the win even though he looked awful towards the end.

*The draw, even
      Heads in the shed.
      Last edited by TRAV1$; 12-13-2010, 06:22 AM.

Comment

ortiz = nice kid but doesnt wanna box anymore but likes the money!

Comment

Originally posted by TRAV1$ View Post
          I'm glad Ortiz managed to get the win even though he looked awful towards the end.
          I beg to differ... also, it was a majority draw. How that translates to a win, no idea.

Comment

Ortiz beat him up thought he was up and decided to cruise until the last round. Hes just not a killer. Give a guy like Maidana Ortizs natural talent and he beats anyone in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAV1$ View Post
              What?

Comment

He kind of tries to be like Oscar De La Hoya all goody goody!!! Hes got skills but no heart or killer instinct!!!

Comment

too much of a good guy

Comment

Originally posted by el20cuatro View Post
                    He kind of tries to be like Oscar De La Hoya all goody goody!!! Hes got skills but no heart or killer instinct!!!

Last night he seemed very mechanical. Now that may have been because Peterson looked very slick and fluid in comparison. I think it was the first time he ever ran into someone with such a fluid style so he spent a lot of the fight looking for openings instead of making them.

I thought Ortiz did deserve to win though. Peterson looked great counter punching late but he still could have done more. Ortiz deserved it more.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                      Frustrating....very frustrating.

Ortiz is very talented....the problem with this it's all mental. It's hard to pin-point what exactly is wrong with him. Lack of killer instinct? Maidana trauma? Gun shy?
                      It seems as if he is just overly cautious after the Maidana fight, he really had no reason to be running from Peterson at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X