Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

jake lamotta was no better than carlos baldomir....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jake lamotta was no better than carlos baldomir....

they talk about this guy like he was a legend....lol 80 wins only 30 kos what a bum....his slow and hes short and everything is telegraphed.....all he was was a walking chin with his big ass head.....if he didnt beat robinson once, and thats all hes known for just winning one out of 6 fights and his ****ed up personal life....hes worse than carlos baldomir dont believe me watch a tape of him he has no talent.....if hes in the hall of fame baldomir should be there....

If you ask me LaMotta has possibly the greatest resume of all middleweights. Only his many losses keep him from being top 5. From 1942 to 1947 he only lost to greats such as Ray Robinson, Fritzie Zivic and Lloyd Marshall so he could be consistent in his prime until the weight troubles settled in.

On film I see a much more skilled fighter than given credit for. He has surpisingly fast hands, an effective jab, he puts together combinations and is adept at cutting off the ring and pressuring without getting hit much himself.

Comment

correct me if im wrong but wasnt zivic the same guy who fought henry armstrong, which means hes much smaller than that big headed palooka and he still beat him lol......youre just plain crazy if you think monzon hagler hopkins etc wouldnt dust the floor with that chump........he got lucky one time against robinson and somehow hes a legend....

Comment

he beat a PRIME robinson
        he beat marcel cerdan (at the time 106-1)

and he has a great story, and entertaining fights.

Comment

He spanked and brutally sodomized a prime SRR, ruined him as a fighter. Great fighter in his time, like a mini Marciano.

I still wonder what the story is behind this picture.

Looks like his worst fight against Ray after all those uppercuts. My my the lad was angry at his molester.

Comment

Originally posted by billionaire View Post
            correct me if im wrong but wasnt zivic the same guy who fought henry armstrong, which means hes much smaller than that big headed palooka and he still beat him lol......youre just plain crazy if you think monzon hagler hopkins etc wouldnt dust the floor with that chump........he got lucky one time against robinson and somehow hes a legend....
            Zivic beat LaMotta once by a split decision when LaMotta was young, LaMotta defeated Zivic twice. Few could ever beat Zivic at any weight in that type of a fight, he was a master at fouling his opponents and punishing them on the inside as well as outboxing them.

LaMotta had a win over a prime Ray Robinson, only once out of six but if you knew anything about these fights you would know that he might as well have won two or three of them since they were all very close aside from the last one.

Aside from that he had wins over Holman Williams (HOF), Marcel Cerdan (HOF), Fritzie Zivic (HOF), Bert Lytell, Jose Basora, Tommy Yarosz, Laurent Dauthuille, Robert Villemain, Bob Satterfield, Tony Janiro, Tiberio Mitri, Bob Murphy, George Costner, Walter Woods, California Jackie Wilson, Tommy Bell, Joey DeJohn, Norman Hayes, Gene Hairston...

You won't find many boxers with a deeper resume than this.
            Last edited by TheGreatA; 05-22-2009, 05:48 PM.

Comment

By the way here's Bob Satterfield knocking out 6'2, 215 lb top ranked heavyweight Bob Baker:

Comment

if he didnt cause robinsons only defeat upto the 130th fight, jake la mota wouldn't be in this thread now, thats what he was known for.

Comment

Originally posted by Oriachim View Post
                  if he didnt cause robinsons only defeat upto the 130th fight, jake la mota wouldn't be in this thread now, thats what he was known for.
                  he's also known because he was only knocked down once in his whole carrer, and it was when he was past it, and fighting at light-heavy, and many saw it was a slip.

Comment

Nonsense La Motta was a great fighter, unfortunately most of his great fights were never captured on film.

Comment

Working...
                    X