Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dmitry Pirog vs. Danny Jacobs: thoughts and predictions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Pirog the next European fighter that the Europeans are overrating because he beat a few Euro bums? Jacobs puts this kid to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      Is Pirog the next European fighter that the Europeans are overrating because he beat a few Euro bums? Jacobs puts this kid to sleep.
      Pirog's dominant shutout win over Kofi Jantuah is more impressive than anything on Jacobs' resume.

Here's a video of Jacobs getting destroyed by Matvey Korobov

Enjoy

Comment

I never really got the hype about Jacobs, he reminds of a poor man's Jermain Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelhammer2010 View Post
          Pirog's dominant shutout win over Kofi Jantuah is more impressive than anything on Jacobs' resume.

Here's a video of Jacobs getting destroyed by Matvey Korobov

Enjoy

Better than Ishe Smith, I dunno about that. Regardless, Korobov is obviously legit and that is the reason he has already been shown on American shows and has been talked about for a while. Pirog on the other hand as far as I know has never been on American television and has little buzz compared to Korobov. You know when you have a can't miss prospect and just a prospect. Jacobs will win the fight tomorrow.

Comment

I can't wait for this fight. The most interesting fight on the card imo.

I got Danny Jacobs winning a decision.

Comment

Better than Ishe Smith, I dunno about that. Regardless, Korobov is obviously legit and that is the reason he has already been shown on American shows and has been talked about for a while. Pirog on the other hand as far as I know has never been on American television and has little buzz compared to Korobov. You know when you have a can't miss prospect and just a prospect. Jacobs will win the fight tomorrow.
              The USA isn't the universe. American TV doesn't do a very good job of covering boxing any more.

Golovkin, someone you'll say is a bum because you've never heard of him, is better than either Korobov or Pirog.

Comment

This fight is gonna end up like Jacobs Korobov!

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
                  The USA isn't the universe. American TV doesn't do a very good job of covering boxing any more.

Golovkin, someone you'll say is a bum because you've never heard of him, is better than either Korobov or Pirog.
                  You're right that it isn't the universe but it still is a pretty good judge of talent, not perfect of course. As for Golovkin, I have heard of him because of you guys but I still don't rate him until he gets over here and starts knocking dudes out.

Back to the fight tomorrow, I still think Jacobs is going to win. Jacobs is a really good fighter and has the skills to be very good. You have to keep in mind that the video against Korobov was pretty much a man versus a boy. Danny was only 18 and Korobov was 22.

Comment

You're right that it isn't the universe but it still is a pretty good judge of talent, not perfect of course. As for Golovkin, I have heard of him because of you guys but I still don't rate him until he gets over here and starts knocking dudes out.

Back to the fight tomorrow, I still think Jacobs is going to win. Jacobs is a really good fighter and has the skills to be very good. You have to keep in mind that the video against Korobov was pretty much a man versus a boy. Danny was only 18 and Korobov was 22.
                    Jacobs will likely win because 1) he didn't need to cross 11 time zones like Pirog, it's not easy to adjust to that 2) the Golden Boy referee will help Jacobs 3) the Golden Boy judges will guarantee him the scorecards.

If the fight were in a neutral location and all other things were equal, I would bet on Pirog. But because it's on a Golden Boy card in the USA, I've bet on Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
                      Jacobs will likely win because 1) he didn't need to cross 11 time zones like Pirog, it's not easy to adjust to that 2) the Golden Boy referee will help Jacobs 3) the Golden Boy judges will guarantee him the scorecards.

If the fight were in a neutral location and all other things were equal, I would bet on Pirog. But because it's on a Golden Boy card in the USA, I've bet on Jacobs.
                      When did Pirog arrive in the US for this fight?

Golovkin is the man too!

Comment

Working...
                      X