Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Team Golovkin refuse to acknowledge Lara's constant calling to fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do Team Golovkin refuse to acknowledge Lara's constant calling to fight?

Trout is absolutely right, Lara has indeed been calling Golovkin out for almost a year now to no avail.

Why does Team Golovkin refuse to acknowledge him and his requests to fight? Lara is considered by many, an elite fighter. Sure, he currently fights at Jr. MW, however, he has stated multiple times that he's willing to go to MW to fight the champ, Golovkin. He even went as far as saying he'll go to Kazakhstan to fight him there. That's a true warrior.

Will Team GGG respond or will they continue to avoid him? I mean, it's not like he's got bigger fish to fry anytime soon. Cotto won't fight him, Canelo isn't ready just yet, and he already avoided Andre Ward. So who's left?

Lara is looking better as an opponent with each passing day.
    No, it's a high-risk low reward type of fight that GGG might lose
    21.43%
    Yes, Lara would be the best win on GGG's resume, it's a solid fight
    78.57%

Make it happen. Lara will get stopped, you will cry

Im one of the few Lara fans here. He has 154 shook.

Comment

Its obvious IMO. Lara lost not long ago, the fight would be a guaranteed stinker with the style clash, and there is always the risk of losing on points to a guy like Lara. To build the GGG "brand" he needs to be in with exciting fighters or big names. Or both. Lara is a no win. Its a guy who is impossible to look good against, and who recently lost to Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        Make it happen. Lara will get stopped, you will cry

Im one of the few Lara fans here. He has 154 shook.
        Why would I cry? I was merely suggesting for Team Golovkin to consider the fight since no one else wants to fight him right now. Or everyone who has expressed interest, like Ward, he avoided.

Lara would be the best win on his mediocre sub-par resume anyhow. He's much better than Monroe Jr.

Comment

Lara is an interesting fight and better in a lot of ways than the guys fighting GGG , would be the fastest skilled fighter GGG has been in with maybe thats why they dont want it .

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
            Why would I cry? I was merely suggesting for Team Golovkin to consider the fight since no one else wants to fight him right now. Or everyone who has expressed interest, like Ward, he avoided.

Lara would be the best win on his mediocre sub-par resume anyhow. He's much better than Monroe Jr.
            I agree. But when Genndy stops Lara, there will be Excüses.

Comment

To HBO casuals, seeing GGG decapitate nobodies will get him further than winning against a slick mover. They want GGG to be Tyson levels of scary. Hard to look like that against Lara. I happen to think GGG is the goods by the way. It feels like they are content to let him batter B and C level guys until he can get a Canelo or Cotto to fight him.
              Last edited by Motofan; 01-15-2016, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                I agree. But when Genndy stops Lara, there will be Excüses.
                Excuses come with the territory. Look at Pacquiao after he lost to Floyd.

Excuses are like buttholes, ever- you know the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                  Lara is an interesting fight and better in a lot of ways than the guys fighting GGG , would be the fastest skilled fighter GGG has been in with maybe thats why they dont want it .
                  Canelos body shots hurt lara. Imagine GGG?

Comment

Excuses come with the territory. Look at Pacquiao after he lost to Floyd.

Excuses are like buttholes, ever- you know the rest.
                    Good. I didn't make excuses after Pac-Floyd.

I want you to give full credit to GGG when he stops Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                    X