No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Return on 1/19: Rosado, Guerrero in The Mix

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Yeah, just like Martinez ducked Pirog? Pirog faded away into oblivion just as quick as he took the MW scene by storm. I'll say the same thing about this fight as I did that one........make it happen so my boy can put an end to all this 3G is God talk.

I thought Molina just said he would step up to the plate and fight him? Why isn't he being considered?
    HBO is trying to hype up GGG right now and the last guy you want him in against is Molina with his ugly style if your going to hype a guy

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
      Golovkin-Guerrero is the much better fight between the two choices.
      You can't be serious? Fernando Guerrero has really done a lot since getting knocked out by a guy older than my grandfather to earn a title shot. Who are you - one of the Watson twins?

Comment

let's just do some educating for a minute.

GGG hits only hits hard when his feet are set.

so naturally anybody willing to go toe to toe with him will have a tough time and will probably be KOed

Rosando and Guerrero are both perfect canidates because they suit his style.

if GGG is such a beast why not fight Molina?? but no GGG isn't taking a tough fight he's taking a look good fight.

until GGG proves himself he's just flavor of the month. Proksa was supposed to be a beast until he lost to Kerry Hope and now he's nothing after being KOed by GGG.

Comment

Tricky choice because neither are really known to the public to really bring in real money but Rosado has the slight edge since hes coming off an impressive win on NBC sports where most boxing fans remember Guerrero getting KO'd by Brewer.

As far as better chance to win I say Rosado because an prime Angulo loss is alot easer to swallow then getting KO'd by an old journeyman. Rosado is tough and has the power to at least chin check Golovokin. He can last a few rounds to try and land a shot. I mean Guerrero from what i remember is fast but reckless. He could steal a few rounds by moving away decreasing Golovkins punch output but once Golovokin lands clean which he'll only need one, Guerrero is going to sleep.

I love James Kirkland and picked him against Angulo and I could see this as a Kirkland-Angulo type fight where Golovkin is seen as the tougher fighter with the harder punch with the better punch resistence but Kirkland proved you can push a hard puncher backwards and outwork them. Golovkin has never really faced that kind of adversity so I hope Rosado blitzes him early like Kirkland.

However if they think they can ink Sturm, Sergio, Quillin, or Geale anytime soon I'd pick Guerrero just to get Golovkin use to chasing a speedy slick guy down. But if they just want to build him until he can make enough money to get one of these guys then I'd go Rosado because its a more favorable style match up extremely fan friendly which could get him some fans especially if they can get a stronger main event and have Golovkin steal the show in the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
            Doubt Rosado happens...... Hes the #1 for K9s title
            Its very close to being done.

Comment

Working...
            X