Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume Pernell Whitaker or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Barrera and Morales weren't elite then who the hell is?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
      Hey since I'm now in your signature please enlighten me on a smarter heavyweight than Vitali. Better yet, lets head the name of the smarter boxer in general. I'll be waiting to make fun of your selection.

And what exactly determines who and why one fighter is smarter than another? Is it college education? If so don't you need to take the field of experience into question? For example, would Vitaly be smarter the Bonecrusher Smith in the field of business administration or John Duplessis in social work? Is it business success? Oscar DeLaHoya may not be as educated in books as many, but his business sense is obviously excellent. Another example would be Floyd Mayweather. Is there a smarter guy in boxing when putting together contracts and selling a fight? The guy can sell himself like nobodies business and get people to buy massive amounts of PPV's while getting the lions share of the gate, sales and merchandise. The point is that there is a lot more that needs to be considered than who's had the most education, its about how you apply it. And looking at it like that it can be argued there are others who are smarter.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        If Barrera and Morales weren't elite then who the hell is?
        Hey DeadLikeMe ...

Keep an open mind and read this:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=98

It explains everything. Get back to me. Even if you don't agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
          No Vitali has a PHd....but in the ring his IQ might be higher...
          Ph.D does not determine IQ.

In his early years, Albert Einstein's mother was disturbed by how long it took him to learn how to talk. His elementary school teachers thought that he was a foolish dreamer, and one teacher had even asked him to drop out of his class. Young Albert hated sports as a child, and they made him dizzy and tired, but he made up for his hatred of sports with his love for music. He would play Mozart sonatas on the violin, usually accompanied by his mother. He also liked private games, such as building a house of cards.

For academics, he loved math and science. Max Talmud, a medical student and a friend to the family, went to dinner with them every Thursday night and brought Albert science books. Einstein's Uncle Jacob gave him math problems, and he received a book on geometry when he was 12. Over the next two years he taught himself calculus.

Even though he loved academics, he disliked school and eventually dropped out of high school. Without a high school diploma, he had to take special exams to get into college. He failed the first set and had to re-take them.

Comment

• Remember when Bob Arum's son died? lol

He fell off a mountain

Not trying to be mean but how do you fall off a mountain lol

I heard that he was insane and thought he was a bird and jumped off

the point of this whole thing is bob arum is crazy its in his genes so dont listen to anything he said

I was also there when Floyd Mayweather rimmed 50 cent,

Comment

• mayweather's resume against pea's resume is already too close to call. so how the hell it beats pacs resume? Some here are already talking about boxing skills but its about resume, and boxrec is boxrec. Im still leaning on pac if they were to fight. prime hatton would even bully pea... dont overrate them...

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Ph.D does not determine IQ.

In his early years, Albert Einstein's mother was disturbed by how long it took him to learn how to talk. His elementary school teachers thought that he was a foolish dreamer, and one teacher had even asked him to drop out of his class. Young Albert hated sports as a child, and they made him dizzy and tired, but he made up for his hatred of sports with his love for music. He would play Mozart sonatas on the violin, usually accompanied by his mother. He also liked private games, such as building a house of cards.

For academics, he loved math and science. Max Talmud, a medical student and a friend to the family, went to dinner with them every Thursday night and brought Albert science books. Einstein's Uncle Jacob gave him math problems, and he received a book on geometry when he was 12. Over the next two years he taught himself calculus.

Even though he loved academics, he disliked school and eventually dropped out of high school. Without a high school diploma, he had to take special exams to get into college. He failed the first set and had to re-take them.
                I never said having a Phd determines IQ

Comment

• Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                  mayweather's resume against pea's resume is already too close to call. so how the hell it beats pacs resume? Some here are already talking about boxing skills but its about resume, and boxrec is boxrec. Im still leaning on pac if they were to fight. prime hatton would even bully pea... dont overrate them...
                  I don't see how one could compare Mayweather's resume to Whitaker's, Pernell is clearly the greater fighter and in no world would Hatton bully Whitaker, Whitaker's inside game, body punching, physical strength would wear Hatton down. Anyway they're careers aren't over, Manny is finally stepping up to the kind of opponent he should have been facing a long time ago, lets see how he does against Bradley or where he goes from there. A win over Cotto in my opinion doesn't do much for Floyd's legacy at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                    mayweather's resume against pea's resume is already too close to call. so how the hell it beats pacs resume? Some here are already talking about boxing skills but its about resume, and boxrec is boxrec. Im still leaning on pac if they were to fight. prime hatton would even bully pea... dont overrate them...

Comment

• Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                      I never said having a Phd determines IQ
                      But you did say Vitaly was smarter (or at least seemed to agree with Mr. Invisible) because he has a Ph.D. My point is different things determine intelligence. It isn't always who went further in school or who is more well spoken.

Comment

Working...
                      X